PDA

View Full Version : My first stoppie!

kr1s
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
So I am not a stunter, but I figured I would talk about "my first stoppie!" It was on the way to work today heading east on SR 112 going to I-95. The ride was nice and traffic wasn't too bad. Merging onto the merge lane for 95...Go figure...merge lane for a merge lane but you know what I am talking about if you have ever been there!...This genius decides it is a great idea to slam on his brakes! Now, I am a careful rider just for that one thing...death! I use turn signals, I give space between me and the person I am going. So with that, there were at least 2 car lengths between us going 45. He stopped suddenly apparently to look for his cell phone....There wasn't a place to go on the right, there was a car to my left so it was time to BRAKE! I yanked the front brake and gave a little to the rear brake. Apparently the front got yanked a little TOO hard! The rear went up into the air hardcore style. In a flash I saw myself going face first over the handle bars and through the guys rear window.

I held it though! I eased the brake out gradually and kept the wheel straight...I never realized you could choke on your own butthole, but alas, I found out. It has since been an hour and the butthole is in the correct spot. I just wonder how the guy who was riding my ass felt as he saw me....Then saw UNDER my bike and a big tire in his face.

Anyway...Just glad I haven't died yet. It was an experience and you stunters...More power to ya...Apparently my nuggets haven't dropped yet because I hope that is the last stoppie I perform!

Sorry...figured 9am was a good time for story time since I don't want to be at work today!

kevin6187
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
should get a single disk brake like me, so you just immedately lock up but dont go in the air!

AK74
02-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Get some braided brake lines before trying that again. :funny0jl::funny0jl::funny0jl:

Bicho
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
like i have!

kr1s
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! Definitely got me going. I thought I was going to eat it!!!!

compulady5
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
!!!!

glad you're ok. I heard that first time could be a scary one.

hope your nuggets get well soon.

haha

kr1s
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
!!!!

glad you're ok. I heard that first time could be a scary one.

hope your nuggets get well soon.

haha

They are!! You know, I think it is this...I put on a small tank bag because I was tired of carrying a backpack for superficial stuff like cell phones, a notepad or two, and just odds and ends. It's a little 10 liter (why they measure in liters...I know it is volume..Just say small, med, or large though) Cortech strap mount. I am sitting a little higher rather than my usual all up on the tank. I think that may have something to do with it because I have braked hard...broke hard???!! Before and never popped up the rear wheel.

Also, with the tank bag, since I am paranoid and we just had a blood drive for a soldier at work who got jacked up on his bike, is it goofy to have a little "Emergency Card" in my tank bag? In the little clear plastic map holder? I made one that just has my name, dob, blood type, meds, and emergency contacts...And a note to not let me die until I see my kids...Is that goofy? Or smart?

Kris

Diamondtail
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I hate when that happens! Glad you made it OK!

BEEFCAKE!!!
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Ya, that sounds like a good thing to have in your bag, not goofy at all.

kr1s
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya, that sounds like a good thing to have in your bag, not goofy at all.

Whew! I just didn't want to be the only one to think "What if?!"

compulady5
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
No, it's a good idea!

Lino
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
scarry shit.. glad you made it ok..

JARVIS518
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
nah man its a real good idea i got a set of dog tag made with all my medical information mainly the fact that im highly illergic to penicillin so i wear them wenever i leave the house

kr1s
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
nah man its a real good idea i got a set of dog tag made with all my medical information mainly the fact that im highly illergic to penicillin so i wear them wenever i leave the house

Good call!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I skated out of work early and the tank bag...I dunno...it is handy as anything...I may just have to get used to it. I could dig for my old dog tags but I don't wanna go in the attic!

JARVIS518
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
i think this is the site i got mine i dont remember but i only paid $10

i just realized i spelled allergic wrong

JARVIS518
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Dog Tags (http://www.usdogtags.com/)

gummo
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I never realized you could choke on your own butthole,

Nice :funny0jl:

kr1s
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice :funny0jl:

:mrgreen: It's an acquired taste I believe.

buzzcutt2
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Whew! I just didn't want to be the only one to think "What if?!"

I wear a "Road ID" on my road bicycle - so when I get run over by the old blue-hair, my mom will know where to pick up my bike. :sad11: