PDA

View Full Version : Hey moto is this good advise

Chin
10-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I got this from another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpisaballer
just a tip. suzukis have shitty oil pans, and wen u wheelie, oil goes to the back, and oil pik up wont get oil, and in the mean time, ur playing with ur clutch a revving the piss out of ur engine(cuz im sure u havent mastered it yet) and then comes a blown motor. be careful, alot of miles, and wheelies= kaboom.

ok... as far as the pickup goes, forget what he said... ALL bikes have pickup problems, and the easiest way to solve it is to run a quart of oil over what youre supposed to, or you can purchase a reverse pickup for your bike that costs like 80 bucks... BUT, unless you are doing long balance point wheelies, theres not going to be anything to worry about yet...

As far as your wheelies go, try doing them standing, staggered on the pegs (left foot on passenger peg, right foot over rear brake)... standing like this will allow you to move the weight of your body farther back on the bike, which means you wont have to be as hard on the clutch... when you start this way, it's going to feel kinda awkward, but stick with it, and it'll be more comfortable than sitdowns... plus, you'll get to the point where you can steer long wheelies and it leads to other tricks, such as flamingos, seatstanders, etc...

When youre using your clutch, you dont want to rev the shit out of it and drop it... you actually want to slip the clutch... pull the lever in to the point where it lets go, and pop the throttle... standups and slipping the clutch are the most effective ways of doing wheelies, short of a pizza pan sprocket...

MOST IMPORTANT, cover that rear brake... the rear brake is your life when youre in a wheelie... you wont necessarily need to use it yet, but its a good technique to learn early, and will end up saving you in the long run...

With the miles on your bike, go through it and maintenance everything on it that you can... change your plugs, air filter, oil filter, oil change... maybe get your chain checked as well as the front and rear sprockets... check the bearings in the wheels... remember, these bikes are made for high revs, but if its not well maintained, it wont last very long... take it to a shop and have them clean and set your carbs, and get your valves adjusted... you may even want to take it down and have a simple compression check done, just to make sure the motor is still running strong, and you arent setting yourself up for disaster... These are all things that will help you enjoy the bike even more... If you have any questions, you should still have my s/n... just IM me and I'll help you out however I can...

speedylocksmith
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
:monkey01 you just got your bike all pretty again

Chin
10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
:monkey01 you just got your bike all pretty again

Don't worry I am going to be purchasing another bike for this purpose.

motopsyko32
10-17-2006, 06:17 PM
yes it is. 100 mile an hour wheelies will starve your bike of oil. Some worse than others. Zuks are notorious for oil starvation during wheelies.

go to www.stuntex.com and buy the oil pikcup. Its like 70 bucks and 1 hour to install...

If you learn slow wheelies, no worries unless you are wheelieng for 2 + miles....