PDA

View Full Version : new chain

alecracing
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Going to be getting a new chain soo and thought I might change the rear sprocket to give bike ('05 CBR 600RR) a little more Ooomph:tongue3: . I was thinking of going up 2 and was wondering what I should expect?:scratch:

Also, can you go 2 up on the back sprocket without getting a longer chain:scratch:

Tungue
06-11-2007, 01:11 PM
It'll "move" the power\torque lower in the RPM range. The bike will feel a little twitchier at the until you get used to where the power starts to kick in. The chain will be longer than you need. You'll actually have to cut off some links to put it on.

alecracing
06-11-2007, 01:14 PM
It'll "move" the power\torque lower in the RPM range. The bike will feel a little twitchier at the until you get used to where the power starts to kick in. The chain will be longer than you need. You'll actually have to cut off some links to put it on.

why would the chain be too long if the rear sprocket is BIGGER:scratch:

Mike1000rr
06-11-2007, 01:16 PM

I went down 1 in the front ( Same as 3 up in the rear ) Used the OEM chain Lenth! :occasion5:

Tungue
06-11-2007, 01:17 PM
The replacement chains come in length, long. Plus when you replace the chain, you're going to move the rear wheel as far in as you can. This will give you room over time to adjust the rear wheel backwards in order to tighten the chain. Plus, 2 teeth don't make the sprocket all that much bigger.

speedylocksmith
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
isn't 220mph enough oomph on your 600? :scratch: