PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to wheelie a busa?

Rabbit_Racer
06-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Okay so i tried cipher's advice today.Got to bike upto 5k rpm in 2nd gear,Rolled off,lowered my ass back on the seat and suddenly got back on the gas.The bike seems to take OFF but the front wheel doesnt come up at all.Do i try it again at a higher rpm? if so how much? I dont wanna loop the damn thing.

LOZ
06-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Okay so i tried cipher's advice today.Got to bike upto 5k rpm in 2nd gear,Rolled off,lowered my ass back on the seat and suddenly got back on the gas.The bike seems to take OFF but the front wheel doesnt come up at all.Do i try it again at a higher rpm? if so how much? I dont wanna loop the damn thing.

busa = heavy as fuck. but not impossible to wheelie. bring it to like 7Krpm, let off and then give it a good twist. make sure you are in a clear road, no cars around. power wheelies are scary. but it will get you going.

I say dont do it on your bike, if you dont want to fuck it up. thats just a personal advise. I dont mess with my 1000RR... thats what I got the fiddy and the F3 for. its all about rear brake control. any bike you give it a good twist, will come up. just gotta time it right and make sure you covering the brake.

Rabbit_Racer
06-20-2007, 01:28 AM
So when the front is up you hit the back brake to bring it back down? Or just roll off the gas?

LOZ
06-20-2007, 01:37 AM
So when the front is up you hit the back brake to bring it back down? Or just roll off the gas?

depends how high up youre going.... i dont stunt big bikes yet, so ill go with the experience I had on the fiddy.... maybe Motopsycko can shed some light on this but, I only use the rear break whenever I feel that Im about to lose control. like if I feel like im going to loop, I just tap the rear brake or gently press it till it brings the front tire foward and then I give it more gas to look for the balance point. I practice a lot on the fiddy, and though I cant wheelie big bikes, I can clutch'em up consistantly and hold them for a split second... I just didnt own a stunter bike before to practice with... but that is soon to change :mrgreen:

but before you master it, you gotta go with baby steps. like, learn to get the front tire off the ground consistently. you arent going to wheelie on the first try. just keep at it till you get more and more comfortable with it.

I say buy a piece of shit bike to learn on. dont trash your street bike, unless youre a baller and have money just waiting to be wasted.... thats just my opinion. busa is a nice, expensive ass bike.

Rabbit_Racer
06-20-2007, 01:49 AM
busa is a nice, expensive ass bike.
Lol tell me about it dude.My last crash ended up costing me around 2k.And i didnt pay for labor cuz my buddies here helped me fix it.At a dealer it would have been at least 3-4k or more. I guess ill leave wheelies alone.Cant afford em :tongue3:

Bigboy Busa
06-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Come with me grasshopper, I might be able to teach you. I usually start in first gear about 30-50 mph hit the throttle and pull up un the bars with my weight at the back of the seat and control it with the throttle. my best on the Busa have been through the end of third gear aprox 140-150 mph. pm me your # if you want.

XXX Boatworks
06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Unless your busa is lowered, you should be able to get the front tire off the ground at 5K in second. You may not be giving it enough gas. I would not start any higher than 5K. Problem is the Busa is not a good platform to start learning wheelies on. Also, 5-8K in second on the busa= really going fast. The "oh shit" factor will be pretty high. I'd get a beater 600 and practice. After I lowered mine, I find i can smoke the back tire easier than pull wheelies.

AK74
06-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Believe me like I told you before that bike will wheelie. You need to work on it a bit more. When I took that thing for a ride it would pull up on its own probably a few inches off the ground. I would hook up with Bigboy for sure, he is obviously an experienced Busa rider and probably the best to show you.

Zorthgo
06-20-2007, 08:38 AM
It must be awsome to see someone pop a wheelie on a busa!!!

LOZ
06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
^watch the last GhostRider video... the turboed busa is barely on 2 wheels. :mrgreen:

Zorthgo
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
^watch the last GhostRider video... the turboed busa is barely on 2 wheels. :mrgreen:

Busa? in Ghost rider? I didn't see a busa in that movie.

speedylocksmith
06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Busa? in Ghost rider? I didn't see a busa in that movie.499hp busa that was made into a streetfighter ---> YouTube - Ghost Rider - BusaTurbo

Bcb871810
06-20-2007, 12:50 PM
5k RPM in SECOND gear?

Toadster600
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Okay so i tried cipher's advice today.

There's your first Problem......

You should have no problem power wheeling a Busa in 1st or 2nd gear...

Now a Kawasaki Scooter you might have to use the clutch...:funny0jl:

CHONCH
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Okay so i tried cipher's advice today.Got to bike upto 5k rpm in 2nd gear,Rolled off,lowered my ass back on the seat and suddenly got back on the gas.The bike seems to take OFF but the front wheel doesnt come up at all.Do i try it again at a higher rpm? if so how much? I dont wanna loop the damn thing.I Clutch up the Busa all the time, second gear not sure of the RPM's I go by sound also bounced it up a few times third gear is best for this as the power in second gear is nasty and the bike comes up to quick.

LOZ
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Busa? in Ghost rider? I didn't see a busa in that movie.

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :mrgreen:

Zorthgo
06-20-2007, 05:01 PM
LOL... you weren't talking about the movie ghost rider. You were talking about the you tube video. LOL...

gixxer
06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
you cant do a power wheelie?

bigjoe87865
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
5k RPM in SECOND gear?... lets leave before they start pointing and laughing at our 600's...

dj_Cipher
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I power it up in first, 5k, chop it off then on. My bike doesnt have much power so I have to do it then. Body position also dictates how high it comes up. I would concentrate on leaning forward first and just feeling how the bike wants to come up first. then slowly start leaning back a little at a time with the same throttle and see the results.

basa820
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Come with me grasshopper, I might be able to teach you. I usually start in first gear about 30-50 mph hit the throttle and pull up un the bars with my weight at the back of the seat and control it with the throttle. my best on the Busa have been through the end of third gear aprox 140-150 mph. pm me your # if you want.
u did a wheelie by me last night..I was like holy shit busa doing wheelies lol

Rabbit_Racer
06-21-2007, 12:59 AM
What about those little power wheelies? Im not trying to hold the wheel up and try stand ups or anything like that.You know like the ones where the front wheel comes up for a few seconds and then back down again.Your chances of disaster are probably less on those?

Bcb871810
06-21-2007, 02:11 AM
... lets leave before they start pointing and laughing at our 600's...

shit, i'll keep practicing, let me click that bitch into second, and i'll wheelie past everyone

AK74
06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
In my opinion 600's are better wheelie bikes anyway. The first time I took my brother's Gixxer 600 out I clicked 3 gears with ease. Far easier to balance and so on. So there will be no finger pointing.

LOZ
06-21-2007, 10:12 AM
from being around people that been stunting for years, I always heard them say, "I learned on a 600" and "I wish I would have started with a fiddy, since the most crucial thing to know is rear brake contol" .... so thats why I bought my fiddy and came to find out that it helps a lot. so im ready to step it up to a 600 now.

fiddy is great for starting. cheap, doesnt brake, and you MUST learn rear brake. and if you do break it, its dirt cheap to replace/fix.

CHONCH
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
What about those little power wheelies? Im not trying to hold the wheel up and try stand ups or anything like that.You know like the ones where the front wheel comes up for a few seconds and then back down again.Your chances of disaster are probably less on those?Just crack the throtle in 1st it will come up when you hit the power band :occasion5:

CHONCH
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
In my opinion 600's are better wheelie bikes anyway. The first time I took my brother's Gixxer 600 out I clicked 3 gears with ease. Far easier to balance and so on. So there will be no finger pointing.
I prefer the Gixxer 750 :occasion5:

CHONCH
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
from being around people that been stunting for years, I always heard them say, "I learned on a 600" and "I wish I would have started with a fiddy, since the most crucial thing to know is rear brake contol" .... so thats why I bought my fiddy and came to find out that it helps a lot. so im ready to step it up to a 600 now.

fiddy is great for starting. cheap, doesnt brake, and you MUST learn rear brake. and if you do break it, its dirt cheap to replace/fix.:+1: doing a wheelie on a 50 is harder than a 600, 750, 900, 1000, 1300, ...ETC If you can wheelie a 50 consistantly and with control chances are you won't have a problem on a big bike. It is also good to learn on an ATV.

LEON
06-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I power it up in first, 5k, chop it off then on. My bike doesnt have much power so I have to do it then. Body position also dictates how high it comes up. I would concentrate on leaning forward first and just feeling how the bike wants to come up first. then slowly start leaning back a little at a time with the same throttle and see the results.

Learn how to use the clutch.

LOZ
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
^ +1 on the clutch.

the good thing about learning on a fiddy is that you dont need to worry about the clutch, just focus everything on your rear brake.... so when you do clutch it up on a big bike, youll know what to do when youre up there thinking youre about to loop you wont panic, youll just tap the rear brake like the fiddy. I got pretty good use of the rear brake. is just that when you jump on a big bike, the "oh shit" factor usually kills your confidence. :mrgreen: but in the end, its all practice practice practice.

CHONCH
06-21-2007, 12:55 PM
You can clutch up a fiddy just shift into second or third hold the gear shifter up while giving it a little gas then drop your foot...

speedylocksmith
06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
u did a wheelie by me last night..I was like holy shit busa doing wheelies loland it's lowered and stretched :shock:

basa820
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
and it's lowered and stretched :shock:
yeah. damn :shock:

Bigboy Busa
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Just practice.

italiano687
06-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Just clutch it up and hold on. If it has two wheels it can be wheelie'd. I had an old zx6 and it was heavy as #@ck and I learned to wheelie it, everyday wheelies until the oil light came on. Just takes balls,timing and a lot of practice:+1: . The power is there!! Use the force!!!:joke6cl:

alecracing
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
You can clutch up a fiddy just shift into second or third hold the gear shifter up while giving it a little gas then drop your foot...

that's what i've been doig:occasion5:

RadFace
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I like to keep my bike on 2 wheels, when I first gunned it in first the bike nearly flipped on me =( scared to even try to wheelie now lol

SgtThumper
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Forget Power wheelies man, You can easily Clutch it up, there are plenty of places on the net that explain the process, its a little more complicated, but also a bit safer..... GL :occasion5:

alecracing
06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Actually, the funniest part of this post is that Cypher is telling people how to wheelie:shock:

italiano687
06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Forget Power wheelies man, You can easily Clutch it up, there are plenty of places on the net that explain the process, its a little more complicated, but also a bit safer..... GL :occasion5:
Firt gear is too jumpy on sportbikes, especially bikes with a suzuki logo on the tank.:shock::shock:

AK74
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually, the funniest part of this post is that Cypher is telling people how to wheelie:shock:

:funny0jl:

:owned

CHONCH
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, the funniest part of this post is that Cypher is telling people how to wheelie:shock::funny0jl: Everyone knows if you want to learn how to wheelie ask Disgo he is the man :notworthy:

alecracing
06-27-2007, 05:00 PM
:funny0jl: Everyone knows if you want to learn how to wheelie ask Disgo he is the man :notworthy:

I've been hearing about his wheelies for a year now...this is the first time I've seen one. :shock:

He looks like he's shittin' his drawers:funny0jl:

CHONCH
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I've been hearing about his wheelies for a year now...this is the first time I've seen one. :shock:

He looks like he's shittin' his drawers:funny0jl:Don't let him fool you back in the day at garbage road he used to do that all day.

speedylocksmith
06-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't let him fool you back in the day at garbage road he used to do that all day.photoshop!!

CHONCH
06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
photoshop!!Disgo wasnt always the calm rider he is today, rumor has it he used to scuff up people knee pucks when they were unable to drag a knee:study:

alecracing
06-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Disgo wasnt always the calm rider he is today, rumor has it he used to scuff up people knee pucks when they were unable to drag a knee:study:

throttle hero:shock:

RadFace
07-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Disgo man with the wheelie!

loopedr1
08-29-2007, 09:32 PM
before i wasted my legs in a crash i could bounce second and third gear on my buddys busa...but that was in 2001.....i have a vid of it some where..i'll look for it.....

brandon1566
08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
I just clutch it up on my buddies comes up nicely

bmaxracing
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
3rd gear bounce up's are pretty simple. Also, cause of the weight of the bike and cause you can keep the rpm's low (relative to a 1000) at 60-70mph it's easy to keep at the balance point.

motopsyko32
08-31-2007, 07:39 PM
not that hard...

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7805/dsc00980bo1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

motopsyko32
08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
before i wasted my legs in a crash i could bounce second and third gear on my buddys busa...but that was in 2001.....i have a vid of it some where..i'll look for it.....that one time that Army Rangers saved your soul from the fiery deaths of hell? :lol:

fastrider750
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
busas are long and heavy.

try 7k-8k rpm

Mr645
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Typically you just power them up.

YouTube - Suzuki Hayabusa with Turbo Vmax 390kmh