SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion

Forum Sponsor

» Weather
Weather information for SoFla:

Would you like to see the riding weather for your location?

Please register with our website and remember to fill in your zipcode.

When you return your local weather will be displayed.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Newb

termanator is an unknown quantity at this point
Shipping a Motorcycle to Brazil (How to do it?)

Hi there,

I just discovered this forum and thought that maybe someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am moving to Brazil soon. I live here in South Florida right now, but will be leaving soon.
I will be working and living down there. I am Moving to a city called Belo Horizonte (185 miles from Rio).

If you don't know already, Brazil taxes more on imported goods thanmost other South American countries. The tax rate varies, but on average, it's about 100% on everything. This effectively makes the cost of imported goods about double what it would cost here.

With my work visa, I will be able to bring in all my household goods "tax free", but that doesn't apply to motor vehicles.

Also, they don't allow used vehicles to be imported, only new, untitled vehicles.

I am interested in buying a 2009 CBR1000RR when I get down there, but it will cost me around $24,000 dollars

I'm wondering if there's anyone here that knows of a someone that could somehow reduce the cost somewhat. So far, all the local dealers aren't willing to help me at all. They just tell me that they will sell me a bike, and after it leaves their door, it's up to me.

I know how to do it myself, and pay the full taxes, I'm wondering if anyone knows of someone who has imported a motorcycle (or car) to Brazil, and if they were able to get it there without paying the full customs taxes.

Please let me know if you know of anyone.

If you have any comments other than to answer my questions, please do it elsewhere.

It is better to have people think you are an asshole, than to speak, and remove all doubt!
termanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
UncleSito
SoFla Supporter +

Andre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shipping a Motorcycle to Brazil (How to do it?)

ur gopingto pay for an 09 cbr1000 around $13k just to buy then ur going to be fucked when u get to brasil and pass it trough customs when u finish paying taxes and fees and bullshit ur looking at around another $10 to $15k thats US Money
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
UncleSito
SoFla Supporter +

Andre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond repute

MercadoLivre Brasil - honda cbr - Onde comprar e vender de Tudo.

ur best bet is juts to buy it there
Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Maybe you should read what I wrote. I didn't ask how to buy one there.
I know what it costs to buy one there. I want a new bike, not someone elses problem.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
UncleSito
SoFla Supporter +

Quote:
ur gopingto pay for an 09 cbr1000 around $13k just to buy then ur going to be fucked when u get to brasil and pass it trough customs when u finish paying taxes and fees and bullshit ur looking at around another $10 to $15k thats US Money
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
UB6IB9
SoFla Supporter

ticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond reputeticktock4792 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ticktock4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by termanator View Post
Maybe you should read what I wrote. I didn't ask how to buy one there.
I know what it costs to buy one there. I want a new bike, not someone elses problem.

maybe you should go somewhere else if you didnt like his advise
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
Forum Addict

basa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to basa820

they will kill u and take ur bike away..
dont expect to have anything nice for too long there. SPECIALLY belo horizonte lol
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock4792 View Post
maybe you should go somewhere else if you didnt like his advise
He gave unwanted advice. Just like you
Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Forum Addict

basa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond reputebasa820 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to basa820

it is best for u to forget about having a nice bike there..seriously
Old 06-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
MADE IN BRAZIL

Solito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond reputeSolito_600RR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No bike for a while....
Solito_600RR is offline   Reply With Quote