SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion

Forum Sponsor

» Weather
Weather information for SoFla:

Would you like to see the riding weather for your location?

Please register with our website and remember to fill in your zipcode.

When you return your local weather will be displayed.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Amateur Racer

Pilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb How do you sell a motorcycle that is currently financed?

I am thinking on selling my 05 cbr600rr. The bike is financed by a private and local motorcycle finance company. I owe about 1 1/2 yrs of payments on the bike.
Has anyone here on the site ever done this before? If so, would you please give me some tips on how to do it properly and safe for both parties?

Thanks guys.

Ps: I want to sell it, and not give it to someone else to take over payments.
Pilot27USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
So ban me...
SoFla Supporter

185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 185mph
Re: How do you sell a motorcycle that is currently financed?

It is not really legal to sell a bike when it technically belongs to the finance company. You could however part it out, sell everything but the frame, and once the bike is paid off and you get the title, you could sell them together. Or take a SIGNIFICANT loss and sell it to someone as a track bike which couldnt be registered. Or you could work something out with the buyer where he agrees to pay a pre determined amount and then you pay off the loan and wait a few weeks for the title and then collect the remainder. Just a few thoughts...

When god gives you lemons, GET A NEW GOD!!!

Call it what you want till your ready to call it what it is!

Go have a seat with the rest of the bitches waiting for me to give a fuck!
185mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Amateur Racer

Pilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these parts

By the way, could i give the buyer a bill of sell, pay off the loan and get the buyer the tile afterward? It's a local finance company, I don't think it would take too long to get the tile from them after its paid off.

Thanks 185mph.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
UncleSito
SoFla Supporter +

Andre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond reputeAndre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot27USA View Post
By the way, could i give the buyer a bill of sell, pay off the loan and get the buyer the tile afterward? It's a local finance company, I don't think it would take too long to get the tile from them after its paid off.

Thanks 185mph.
if its a local finace company take the buyer there and let him pay the remaining of the loan and the rst of the money can go in your poket

"Sito" LOD

" RIP KJ"
" RIP CATANGA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDDY View Post
pulling out never works thats why you gotta have a girl who loves ANAL!!!:LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrthnu View Post
rut roe reorge. Im sorry let me say Im truly sorry by fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck your wife, fuck yourself, fuck your flip flops, fuck your icon jacket, fuck your bike, fuck your opinion, fuck your mouth, fuck my beer is empty, fuck I have to get up now!
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
3000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter +

phantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond reputephantom has a reputation beyond repute

Have him refinance and take over payments......
Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
So ban me...
SoFla Supporter

185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute185mph has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 185mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
if its a local finace company take the buyer there and let him pay the remaining of the loan and the rst of the money can go in your poket

When god gives you lemons, GET A NEW GOD!!!

Call it what you want till your ready to call it what it is!

Go have a seat with the rest of the bitches waiting for me to give a fuck!
185mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Amateur Racer
SoFla Supporter

vance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond reputevance has a reputation beyond repute

If they're paying cash, they can go to your lender and pay the loan off.
If they're financing, they'll need the vin, mileage, etc. and their credit union/bank will pay your lender.
He won't be able to transfer title if your lender is still listed on the title if "you" sell it directly to "him". If his bank pays the loan off, you will have to take a notarized lien release with you to the court house to transfer title.
Or something like that....
vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
Amateur Racer

Thanks for the tips guys.
Pilot27USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
Amateur Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 185mph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I guess I'll try to do that. Its probably my best option. Thanks