SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion

Forum Sponsor

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anarion55

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Cars' bait

Lnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really nice
Arrow Sheriff's Deputy Suspended After Off Duty Traffic Stop Caught On Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNb6NPoCy0​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHrORM62Rk

Old 09-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sheriff's Deputy Suspended After Off Duty Traffic Stop Caught On Video

I saw this a little earlier this week. Not sure how I would have handled it, but I definitely would have asked for a badge and/or ID. I always watch my mirrors when stopped at intersections (trying to see a rear-end coming), so I would have been aware of his approach. Still... it's easy to 2nd guess when you're not IN the situation.

Holding his firearm like that is called the "weapon retention" position, and is meant to keep a bad guy from disarming you. Still, it's not a standard tactic in this situation - nor is having the weapon drawn... having a hand on it and releasing the holster security device (if there is one) is usually all that is called for, especially since he could see the rider's hands at all times (unlike stopping someone in a car or truck, where there could be a hidden weapon within easy reach). He used his weapon to force the rider to provide his ID (and said as much in the vid), which is UNACCEPTABLE, and not in accordance with sensible policy and protocol.

Then again, neither is handcuffing and scaring the crap out of a nurse who is following procedures (and the law)... We're seeing an awful lot of this kind of thing, and now our president has ok'd sale of military-grade heavy weapons to the police. Not good.
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote