SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #41
Meeps
Sick, broken and twisted!
SoFla Supporter

Meeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florida State Motorcycle Laws

So far the worst I've ever had was no ticket, not even a formal written warning. But It wasn't for a wheel in the air.

1st incident I was riding south on US1 towards home in Vero. There's this nice sharp left curve I like to take. Well I took it just 5 above posted speed as I knew there was a sheriff right there. (40MPH) I pulled out of the turn and he pulls me over, no warning no ticket. Just asked "How the fuck did you hold that turn at 40+?, I can't do that on my Harley." Then proceeded to ask and offer to go riding on the weekends (haven't heard or seen him since).

2nd incident I was coming to work Northbound US1 and was pegged by local Palm Bay PD doing 65 in a 55. (Or so the officer stated, didn't bother argueing it.) He just got out of his car, told me to put my registration, license and shit away. He didn't need it, he just stated he was going to waste my time and shoot the shit, which was pretty cool.

So all in all I'm glad I haven't gotten tickets for breaking any laws or doing something stupid. But I'm with Anarion... I DIDN'T SEE SHIT!!!! (even if I was there I DIDN'T SEE SHIT!!!)
Meeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #42
Pilot27USA
Amateur Racer

Pilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these parts

What are the penalties for riding without a motorcycle endorsement (valid class E DL)? Will they impound the bike if caught? Anybody?
Pilot27USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #43
Meeps
SoFla Supporter

Meeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they can and some will.. It's not worth the risk. Can also result in you never getting endorsement too, thats up to the judge if you have to go before one.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #44
abzx10r
05CBR09ZX
SoFla Supporter

abzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond repute

^^^Very true, better safe then sorry is my way of saying it. Go spend the bs $250 get it and never look back...
Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #45
Pilot27USA
Amateur Racer

Pilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these partsPilot27USA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeps View Post
Yes they can and some will.. It's not worth the risk. Can also result in you never getting endorsement too, thats up to the judge if you have to go before one.
I better do something about it!!! Tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzx10r View Post
^^^Very true, better safe then sorry is my way of saying it. Go spend the bs $250 get it and never look back...
The problem is the two days that takes to get the course complete, that I don't have. Is there any other way around the BS course?

Tks guys.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #46
abzx10r
05CBR09ZX
SoFla Supporter

abzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond repute

No, Thursday night class for a couple hours then go out and ride out sat. and sun. Take your certificate and get a new licenses which has the cycle endorsement on it...

I dont think there is no way around it, thats why its there you know...
Old 12-18-2009, 02:38 AM   #47
HANS
ASSHOLE

HANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond repute

youll make time for it. well if you think of it this way. take the 2 days off work and do the course and spend $250 or risk getting pulled over by and officer that is by the book and get your bike impounded you go to jail, have to pay money out the ass for a lawyer, bail, impound fees, tickets etc.

your call. i believe it is a felony in the state of florida to ride a motorcycle without the endorsement.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #48
Meeps
SoFla Supporter

Not sure if it's a felony or not but Hans forgot one more point. You'll be paying money out the ass alright... But the other one is, you will have lost more days than just 2 if caught.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #49
Pilot27USA
Amateur Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeps View Post
Not sure if it's a felony or not but Hans forgot one more point. You'll be paying money out the ass alright... But the other one is, you will have lost more days than just 2 if caught.
good point....I'll try to get it done after the holiday!
Tks for the advice guys
Old 12-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #50
SFLbusarider
Can't drive 55!!!

SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider

Meeps, sounds like some LEO harrasment if you ask me, maybe you got a price on your head, lol! Maybe they are trying to nab somebody else and you don't match up the description. I am great at spotting hiding and traveling LEO's, just developed a really good sense of smell for pigs over the years. Just one of the perks you get from riding for so long. Ride safe!

"Live to ride, ride to live Busa Style!"

'07 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
'91 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
'81
Honda CB900F Super Sport

SFLbusarider is offline   Reply With Quote