SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Modification / DIY / Maintenance

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 01-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Jiggly
3000 Post Club

Jiggly is on a distinguished road
Race Plastics to Street Conversion

Now on to the headlight.

Find the light you want to use or lights if you will. if you just want a recessed hole without some fancy indentation in the front you can get some cups from McDonalds (this is a great trick by the way) They are waxed and will not stick to fiberglass. Find the cup that fits the diameter of the light.

Tape the cup to your upper (the inside) and trace it with a marker. Cut out the hole and file to fit the cup tightly. The cup should stick out just a tad so you know you have it angled just right.

Wrap the cloth around the cup and put a tiny peice of tape to hold it around it. Make sure that you have excess cloth from the cup to flange into the upper. The upper should be sanded before you start glassing it in as well.

When the resin kicks you should be able to peel the cup out.

Courtesy of Hybrid @ SBN

Mine is W/O the finish work

Cliff's notes -
1. Take a hole saw cut a hole cost 1 beer to buddy
2. Either mount a piece of plywood to the inside of the upper or build a bracketing system to hold head light cost - 1 beer -$20
3. Buy foglights, prefeerably the long range ones cast $20-$65
4. Put it togather

For the Tail if you do not have a plate bracket:

1. go to home depot, buy 2 L brackets with 2 holes tapped on each side $5
2. buy LED brakelights $40-$75
3. using a vice bend L brackets to desired angle 1 corona extra
4. bolt the shit togather

Total cost -
<$200 and a drunk buddy

Note Turn Signals are not required in the State of FL but that DOES NOT TRANSFER to other states check laws first.

www.racing2savelives.org www.utahsba.com
2000 CBR600F4 / 1967 CL160
GP Composites - Morse Racing - Vortex - BR Components - Amsoil - Micron Exhaust - HyperPro - Sidi - Spidi - Utopia Optics - Ego Threads

Sean Connery - "Losers whine about doing their best; winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Jiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #2

cool!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Jiggly
3000 Post Club

better pic since Chonch bitched

And I am not sure what your complimenting snow? My copy and paste techniques? :) The 'dirty' cuban wanted conversion pics so I thought Id take the extra steps :)

GP Composites - Morse Racing - Vortex - BR Components - Amsoil - Micron Exhaust - HyperPro - Sidi - Spidi - Utopia Optics - Ego Threads

Sean Connery - "Losers whine about doing their best; winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
disgofast
The Fucking owner

disgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond reputedisgofast has a reputation beyond repute
shit
disgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
CHONCH
CHONCHENATOR

CHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond repute
My bad I never saw them I thought you posted it in the same for sale thread...LOL
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
CHONCH
CHONCHENATOR

CHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond reputeCHONCH has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yeah thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
carsuk
Forum Addict

carsuk is on a distinguished road
NOTE: turn signals ARE required in the state of fla, in fact july 01, 2005 a new law went into effect that use of signals is required when changing lanes in THE SAME DIRECTION as well as the previous law that signals were required for change of direction only.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
Jiggly
3000 Post Club

Look at the motorcycle laws, last I read they were only recomended

if you want them glue some flush mounts to it, use your head it wont be hard

Old 01-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #9
CHONCH
CHONCHENATOR

Hand signals can serve as turn signals.