SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Modification / DIY / Maintenance

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 07-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
Druvinile
Forum Addict

Druvinile is on a distinguished road
Bulb to LED conversion

Alright, so I did some more customizing to the Buell again. Flush mounted front turns and the rear license plate was moved snugged up under the seat with the rear turn signals now on the license plate it'self. Question is, now that i did that, the blinkers dont blink, they stay on. I know this is because i converted to LED and has somethin to do with the relay. I even know i need some sort of "Equalizer" but i got NO CLUE what it is and where to get it. Any advice??

VALDOSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY-space
;)
Druvinile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
Kurt1000RR
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

Kurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond reputeKurt1000RR has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.vfxkits.com/
CCS amateur #239
Kurt1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:07 AM   #3
raven_hammer
Senior SoFla Member

raven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond repute
You need to go to you local Moto shop and get a set of resistors. LED"S hardly draw any resistance, so the blinkers will flash fast or not at all.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:24 AM   #4
Druvinile
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven_hammer
You need to go to you local Moto shop and get a set of resistors. LED"S hardly draw any resistance, so the blinkers will flash fast or not at all.
i dont mind a quick flash, it's more obvious... so i just go to our Cycle Gear and they should know the resistor i need?

MY-space
;)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:38 AM   #5
raven_hammer
Senior SoFla Member

raven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond reputeraven_hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Druvinile
Forum Addict

MY-space
;)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #7
raven_hammer
Senior SoFla Member

Got um my R1 and they flash normal. LED's front and rear ova here.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #8
Druvinile
Forum Addict

well i dont want'em to flash normal... you know how much it is?

MY-space
;)
Old 07-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #9
piarjr
Amateur Racer

piarjr is on a distinguished road
If you have LED on front & back, the lights do not com on, if you want then to flash faster, put equilizer on just front/back if you want to flash normal, put equilizar front AND back, they cost like $15-20
piarjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #10
Alex_RR
Forum Addict

Alex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_RR has a reputation beyond repute
Try no equalizer, it gets hot. Try a search on www.google.com , , , , and look for led relay. there are a bunch of options where you can even set a bunch of different patterns. It is like 35 bucks, but it is worst it. Equalozer is not the best option, it is an option, just not the best you can go with.
http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/FL...sher_relay.htm

http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

more info:
Most load equalizers place a load back on your electrical system, this wastes power and reduces the brightness of your LEDs.
Smart Equalizers solid state units that trick the load dependent flasher into thinking there is a load when LEDs are present
Consumes less power than typical load equalizers
Smart Equalizers produce little or no heat
Delivers more power to your LEDs resulting in brighter light. Plug and Play. One Smart Equalizer covers the Entire Bike.

2006 Honda CBR 1kRR Silver

http://www.myspace.com/agprum
Alex_RR is offline   Reply With Quote