SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #81
cycletech
Scooter Racer

cycletech is on a distinguished road
Re: Car to motorcycle oil filters conversion

was something stupid about my post on oil and filters ???

i mean is their something you know that i dont ?

i mean help us all learn something !

or was your intention just to make me feel bad for posting ?

all i want is to help people learn stuff !

i mean did i make fun of anybody ?

i feel i put out some good info in the post .

what do you think ?

or should i just kill my self ????
Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #82
knowntofew
OMG!!! Someone stole my eyes!!!
SoFla Supporter

knowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond reputeknowntofew has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycletech View Post

what do you think ?

Well for 1. you really posted no information, usually when one voluntiers to give info they dont stop and say I dont want to say anything but you can aske me. Now B. THis is a thread that is opinionated as are most on here, when it comes to this and that. Now III. why would you drag up a year long dead thread that has been repeated over and over again, and say you have all this Knowledge and nog give any.... I understand this is simple a repeat of 1. but I wanted to get to roman numeral 3.
Man- a figment of gods imagination
knowntofew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #83
VFRIDER
Well Seasoned NooB =D

VFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeVFRIDER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycletech View Post

what do you think ?

Dude theres always goin to be people that believe motorcyles can only use a "motorcycle filter" which is a joke...cause there is no such thing.

There is only quality of the filters in and outside construction,its over all size,bypass psi,thread size.....
and how much you willing to over pay for an oem filter

as far as REGULAR Dino car oil in a bike....
"NOT TALKIN Dino VS.SYNTHETICS here"

If its non energy conserving type ....
you can use it without damage to your clutch..for sure.
That is the main concern in a car oil used in a bike.
Hell I know people that use REGULAR car Mobil1 and shell rotella for
for years and tens of thousands of miles...with no isshues...at all.

All that stuff about sheer and viscosity breakdown blahh blahh...
doesnt even come into play...cause the majority of us change our oil way before even regular oil starts to degrade to the point it could be Detrimental to an engine...let alone a quality synthetic.

My dad had an 80's Honda Hurricaine that used regular castol for over 70k and never had engine isshues till the day he sold it....imagine that.

How ever did all the millions of motorcycles sold before most of us were born manage to run on simple non technologically advanced modern oil

Way before the invention of MOTORCYCLE OIL...there was just oil...and somehow wheels spun and engines turned.
Really its true I read it in book
VFRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 AM   #84
Chekoz77
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Chekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond reputeChekoz77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basa820 View Post
Royal purple is the best. and that's what I'm using right now. the bike takes longer to overheat.
I have seen many tests where Royal purple was one of the worst performers.

And wow holy old post!!I just noticed the date after I replied. But I wasnt the one who bumped it 4 years later!!
Chekoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #85
geekonamotorcycle
Your Mom Loves Me

geekonamotorcycle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoBusa View Post
DON'T BE CHEAP, SPEND $3 MORE AND GET THE RIGHT STUFF.
it is not worth it to compromise your bike like that.
again, DON'T BE CHEAP.
Seriously lmao its only a few bucks more. If you want to be really cheap just buy a reusable filter. And for the love of god do not attempt this on a suzuki.

Hear the voices in my head, I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring

http://geekonamotorcycle.wordpress.com

1994 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana "Longshot" Sold
2000 Honda VTR 1000F Superhawk "Exia"
2007 Mongoose Switchback SX "Samantha"
geekonamotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #86
phat anthony
The 1000RR is the 'Bitch'
SoFla Supporter

phat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond reputephat anthony has a reputation beyond repute

this thread has cobwebs
:locked :

GOSSIP IS A PRECARIOUS THING!
phat anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #87
Scudman
Forum Addict

Scudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekonamotorcycle View Post
Seriously lmao its only a few bucks more. If you want to be really cheap just buy a reusable filter. And for the love of god do not attempt this on a suzuki.
You may not have all the info on the reusable filters. If you did then you would realize that the reusable filters are a 30 micron filter. 5 microns can damage your engine. Also there is the issue of cleaning a mesh filter. It is difficult at best. At $100+ per filter you can buy many better filtration filters to last the life of the bike
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #88
stefanenyce808
Amateur Racer

stefanenyce808 is on a distinguished road

Thinking about trying it out. I read it and pretty good information. Thanks
stefanenyce808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #89
Digital
Superbike Racer

Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital Digital

Man reading this thread was rough. scudman keeps spamming spot on info at any retarded no-name non-experienced person who thinks his logic that he's pulled out of his ass is worth even typing when it comes to things they know NOTHING about.

Why is it people over the internet think they can get away with the retarded shit they try to spew on their friends. Facts rules the internet gentleman. What ever bullshit you try to pull over your buddies eyes isn't gonna fly in the kingdom of facts and google.com.

Try to at least do some research instead of "asking my friend who has xyz certification" or "some marketing company said to use xyz because they sell it for profit...."

Buy the oil you like so much and then buy some rotella or what ever. Then send them off both brand new to get tested at a lab. Then use both and when you're done with it send the used oil off to get tested too. Let us know the difference from the lab. You know the LAB, not bob who smells the oil and says it's better because it's got the repsol label on it down at your bike shop.

The additives are listed on the label and at request from the oil manufacturers. Most motorcycle oil DOES NOT have friction modifier that is in "GEAR OIL" designed for transmissions and rear ends. That argument is completely MUTE. I'm surprised no one has suggested using tranny oil in their bike yet, I mean shit it's better then car oil and twice the price!.. love that logic.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #90
mjh101
To boldly go....

mjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond repute

this is #1 doctor recommended.