SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycles on the Road > Road Racing

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #11
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for input

After quick look at cost...

$200 for Moto GP tickets per person... not bad for 3 days

$250 for two people for 4 night with airbnb... not bad either..

BUT

prices in airfare jumping form $200 per person to $450 per person for afternoon flight from 8/6 to 8/9....

I will likely have to let go of Live MotoGP experience...

will keep checking airline tickets for next 2 days but will otherwise save the money for Key West/ Isla Morada trip or maybe Universal Studios!!!!

Thanks for input... if not this time I am sure I will make it to live MotoGP within the next year.
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #12
Odilup
Forum Addict
SoFla Supporter

Odilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix...Might go..

Tuesday between noon and 2 pm best time to search for plane tix. Forget Key West or Universal---that will always be there. MotoGP is an experience!
Odilup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #13
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odilup View Post
Tuesday between noon and 2 pm best time to search for plane tix. Forget Key West or Universal---that will always be there. MotoGP is an experience!
will surely check flights again .. thanks..
Old 07-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #14
buzzcutt2
Do I look like a cat to you boy?
SoFla Supporter + +

buzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond repute

I booked one way out on southwest Thursday from FLL to IND and one way back on Monday on Allegiant, that was the cheapest option for me.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #15
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 View Post
I booked one way out on southwest Thursday from FLL to IND and one way back on Monday on Allegiant, that was the cheapest option for me.
sweet!!

allegiant has round trip Fri to Monday for under $300 2 people!!!

there is still hope..

any other cool sites??? i was still using kayak and orbitz...
Old 07-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #16
buzzcutt2
Do I look like a cat to you boy?
SoFla Supporter + +

buzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond repute

I normally use kayak...but always check southwest and allegiant separately.

Just be careful with Allegiant...they charge for everything, so just be aware of that. It was still the cheapest option for me.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:43 AM   #17
dave ls1
1 Up, 5 Down
SoFla Supporter

dave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are also airports in every direction around Indy within 2hr drive. If it saves a ton of money to fly in to one of those and take a bus or some other ground transport it might be worth it. Also might find someone in one of those cities to carpool with.

You've got Louisville, Cincinnati and Columbus. Possibly St. Louis and Chicago.
dave ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #18
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave ls1 View Post
There are also airports in every direction around Indy within 2hr drive. If it saves a ton of money to fly in to one of those and take a bus or some other ground transport it might be worth it. Also might find someone in one of those cities to carpool with.

You've got Louisville, Cincinnati and Columbus. Possibly St. Louis and Chicago.
yeah.. that is a good idea.. i'll give it a try before due date...

did look into that, I have a cousin who live in Chicago...or near by..
Old 09-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #19
dave ls1
1 Up, 5 Down
SoFla Supporter

dave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond repute

See ya there next year, right?

Wait, maybe not...

MotoGP Drops Indianapolis Motor Speedway For 2016
dave ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
Mr645
3000 Post Club

Mr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll sell you full access tix cheap. Includes paddock and you get to hang out with every moto GP rider there