SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycles on the Road > Road Racing

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 08-20-2015, 10:04 PM   #11
Mr645
3000 Post Club

Mr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond reputeMr645 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: N.Canepa going to trial

Here I am! I did not run away. They had to stay away from social to protect from unjust attacks and to better face the weekend of the World Superbike Championship in Malaysia. But now it's time to explain.
I do not want and can not get to the actual trial papers, as I can not list all the details of the story because my lawyer is infurierebbe, and perhaps the same will be furious. But I read a lot of nonsense about the incident and I want to defend myself in front of everyone before before the Justice of the Peace. And 'my Law.

Start by saying that I was sorry for the incident in which Cappato was the victim that day, so much so that I immediately went to the circuit medical center (which was then discharged with 10 days of prognosis) to satisfy myself of his physical condition. He was absolutely alert and aware; we have talked; HE had to apologize for certain driving behaviors and "misunderstandings", WITHOUT ANYTHING and accuse me of saying that certain things can happen on the track. In that moment she knew that I was a pilot in the World Championship, but we were only two motorcycle enthusiasts looking for a bit 'of fun on the track. His complaint to unintentional injury occurs only a few days later. Nevertheless I still maintain that he had caused no fall. And now I'll explain.

I was teaching a boy, who for the second time in his life he put the wheels of his 600 at Mugello. At that time I was the record holder of the Mugello track with regard to the Superbike and I took the opportunity to teach him a few tricks of my favorite track.
Cappato, probably, did not understand my role in that situation and therefore must have thought it was abnormal (or even provocative) the fact that sometimes I slow down girl in some parts of the circuit (obviously off course, and without obstructing as I learned in the Course Instructors for the Italian Motorcycle Federation), what I was doing to wait for my "student" that maybe I had just shown what was the right setting for a detached or a curve.
More times then, before the incident, followed dangerously Cappato trajectories completely wrong and I had passed more than once a few centimeters on the main straight at a very high speed and risking the contact. Mugello no joke, especially on the straight. MORE THAN ONCE rehearsing Cappato between the curves I HAD MADE THE OUTLINE OF SPEND MORE DISTANT because it was too dangerous and was risking my safety and that of my pupil, as shown on the video that you did not show. Without anger, without rancor and with confidence.

And then you get to the movie. If you remove the veil from the eyes of prejudice, you will also notice you what really happened:

Probably annoyed by my request, or perhaps not having understood the gesture of an instructor, Cappato before rears exit of Turn WHILE I WAS TURNED and off line WAIT FOR MY PUPIL, and landed a few feet from me. Then he joined squeezing on the right track moving furiously the helmet, forcing me to SLOW DOWN and creating a dangerous situation for me and for the riders that arrived at high speed, although he had a clear track ahead of him. Surprised by the action unexpected and aggressive Cappato, I saw my student in the hull that was coming very fast and immediate gesture I made was to say: STAY BACK, STAY AWAY. In order to spread quickly without creating hazardous situations.
Who says confidently that he saw in the movie that I would have "pinched" the brake lever can only do it with malice, I see that I HAVE TOUCHED THE LEVER, MY HAND AND ARM OF TOUCHED The CAPPATO. That, perhaps because frightened, operated with too much force the front brake and lost control of the vehicle.

That's all.

I'm really happy to see that many have understood the dynamics of this incident before I even I explain in this post, which I have defended many in knowing what kind of person they are, despite the accusations of those who love to fill his mouth with sound bites and offenses without having the ability to look clearly beyond their nose.

I'm sad to see people who criticized me because I would be "guilty of wrongful death." Perhaps those who call themselves "bikers" should know that it is absolutely NO STOP ON TRACK and even worse to go back. There are the Marshall for this. Please never do it !!

How I am even more disappointed to see that some journalists (thankfully few) have avoided asking information about the incident, slamming on their pages my name and a small part of the video of the incident. Journalists who do not sign and you may not remember that I am one of the few who has never had one - TELL NO ONE - sanction or censure by the International Federation. I passed the examination by certified instructor, teaching role (as we have seen that I carry out not only on paper) I'm very proud because it is the passion for motorcycles and not for the money that makes me love being in the saddle, and able to instruct others to get it right. And that in the past 10 years since my first race of the World Cup, including a world title, a year of MotoGP, so many victories and even defeats are NEVER BEEN INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT on track with other drivers. But now I hope that after this my statement, may spread with the same emphasis with which they published the piece of video.

Then, of course, criticism and contrary views but there will not accept THAT IS CHALLENGED MY FAIRNESS AS PILOT AND ESPECIALLY AS MAN. How I not accept attacks blind and full of prejudice to my professionalism and attacks on my person (or even my loved ones, because there have been more vulgar insults to my girlfriend or my family). And if any of my actions will always answer even before the Ordinary Justice, the same way they will answer those who have caused offense to my person

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief, in the hope that all those who accused and insulted they understand HOW THINGS REALLY ARE GONE. And I close with some advice that I've learned the hard way a few weeks ago, before judging is best to be well informed on the facts and not be fooled by a video is not clear from the statements of a few cowards who hide behind a keyboard with some nickname false thinking to be omnipotent. Moreover in recent days there are those who are even fake my relative to discredit me, who wrote around that he was present at the scene by inventing special non-existent, or those who insinuated that I would be where I am paying to run or not deserve .

I'm a guy chasing their dreams, but I do it in a clean and proper.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #12
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Bullshit. Canepa didn't tap Cappatos arm to get his attention. Cappatos pulled up to him and was right there.

Cappato pissed him off with whatever and Canepa snapped. Simple as that.

Canepa should have complained with race management if there was any prior conflict. Every biker knows what’s going to happen when you clip that brake level on a sport / race bike. Full intent.

And he's full of shit.
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #13
Busacaptain
Just a twist and your a dot in the mirror!!!!

Busacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond reputeBusacaptain has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Don.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #14
Gallego
Superbike Racer

Gallego is on a distinguished road

It was not a race, it was a trackday.....
Watching the video again after reading Canepa´s version I think that what Canepa said is: Ok You already learned how to willie! Now learn how to do an inverted willie....