SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 12-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #1
Rabbit_Racer
Team Rabbit Racing #420

Rabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond repute
What is your biggest fear realistically when you get on that bike?

I am not worried about death but I certainly dont want to become a burden to my family by becoming a cripple, losing an arm or leg, etc. Id rather the end be fast and quick. What scares you the most because of the texters, facebookers, etc while they drive if they hit you? I honestly want a fast and painless end without even knowing about what happened. Im sorry if this post sounds morbid but we have to be realistic. I dont have any wife or kids and my mom would be okay after my demise. I just dont want to be a burden to anyone.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your biggest fear realistically when you get on that bike?

First of all, it's not morbid that you're thinking about "what if". Riding is inherently many times more likely to result in life-changing injuries or death than cars or trucks. We can minimize the risks by riding intelligently, improving our skills, having 360, 100% situational awareness, and wearing ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME.

Having said that, it would behoove you to speak to a lawyer. Make out a LIVING WILL, which contains medical instructions if you're not able to make them yourself. Appoint POWER OF ATTORNEY to someone you trust implicitly... that way they can also act on your behalf. Include a HIPPA document so they can access your medical status. Get good insurance, and look into supplemental accident insurance (AFLAC has it for a very reasonable rate - they saved me a bundle when I wrecked two years ago).

Most of us say "I don't mind dying", but don't consider a situation where they are severely disabled and unable to do for themselves. Not many think about who will wipe the drool from their chin and change their diaper. Horrific thought, but all too possible. I wonder about all those geniuses riding around without helmets...how much "freedom" will they be enjoying when they're vegetables from hitting their noggin on a curb at 20 MPH?

All of this is always a possibility when you ride. If you can''t face it and accept the reality, take up knitting (be careful - those needles are dangerous, LOL).

Be safe
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote