SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Site Related Forums > Welcome New Members

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 10-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
smoothal84
Newb

smoothal84 is on a distinguished road
Hey Everyone!

So i am taking my Basic Rider course this weekend and have found great info on this site!! Looking forward to the community interaction. Being new outside of ATV's and scooters, I will probably start with an older 250/300 Ninja or something similar. Hopefully will be riding by the end of the year!! You have all TOTALLY freaked me out though about getting my bike stolen here as I live in an apartment without gated parking and as you know, drive up storage units are like $130 here in Miami and miles away from my home!! But per recommendations, disc lock, insurance, and hope for the best!!
smoothal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey Everyone!

Greets & Welcome! Good choice for a first bike. It will still try to kill you on a regular basis, so stay sharp.

Theft is a serious problem. A bike cover is also a good choice, but try to find something to physically lock the bike to, with a heavy cab;e or chain. Even with a lock (especially with a lighter bike like a 300) 2 guys can just pick it up & throw it into the back of a van.
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is online now   Reply With Quote