SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Site Related Forums > Welcome New Members

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 08-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #11
merlock
Amateur Racer

merlock is on a distinguished road
Re: Back on the bike after 9 years. New CBR1000RR. Is anyone still alive here?

As wonderfull as a sports car is, and that 'Vett really is amazing, there is a visceral experience that riding a bike delivers that can never be douplicated in any way.
Sitting on top of a 1000cc superbike engine for example, feeling the power transmitted up through the core of your body, the forces your body absorbs as you tilt to turn, accellerate, brake, the smells, the sounds are all a combination of sensations that cannot be experienced any other way.
I love motorcycles, superbikes in particular. I've never found anything else like it.
merlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
Rabbit_Racer
Team Rabbit Racing #420

Rabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlock View Post
As wonderfull as a sports car is, and that 'Vett really is amazing, there is a visceral experience that riding a bike delivers that can never be douplicated in any way.
Sitting on top of a 1000cc superbike engine for example, feeling the power transmitted up through the core of your body, the forces your body absorbs as you tilt to turn, accellerate, brake, the smells, the sounds are all a combination of sensations that cannot be experienced any other way.
I love motorcycles, superbikes in particular. I've never found anything else like it.
Agreed. After being without a bike for these many years being at only 50 mph in 3rd gear on sample road feels so much faster than 80 in the car with the targa top off.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #13
Rabbit_Racer
Team Rabbit Racing #420

Rabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit_Racer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I miss going to bettyís burgers for bike night, joining group rides and the track days; how doing track days raises my love �� of riding to new levels.
Something happened to our community. It like it vanished all of a sudden. Donít understand it.
I also notice substantially less riders on weekends in general. Not even as many harley riders as I used to see. Wonder what happened? Im assuming the older guys are not riding, got a family now so they dont want to take the risks and the newer upcoming younger guys dont seem to be as much into cars or bikes and are too busy playing with their Iphones, Instagramming or on facebook to get into motorcycles. I was talking to the general manager of Rick Case honda where I got my bike last saturday and he said business is so bad that they went from selling 500-600 units a month (motorcycles, atvs, personal watercrafts, etc) to less than 60 total units a month. Surprised Rick Case hasnt shut down its powersports store.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:48 PM   #14
merlock
Amateur Racer

merlock is on a distinguished road

It's weird. We used to see bikes everywhere. Here in Louisiana (I just moved here from Homestead five months ago) I'll go days and not see a bike on the road. The roads here are beautiful and very curved as apposed to the grid of South Florida, and yet again I rarely see a bike of any type.
There are no real road courses in La. The closest one is Barber Motorsports which is a six hour tow from here.
merlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #15
Rabbit_Racer
Team Rabbit Racing #420

Quote:
It's weird. We used to see bikes everywhere. Here in Louisiana (I just moved here from Homestead five months ago) I'll go days and not see a bike on the road. The roads here are beautiful and very curved as apposed to the grid of South Florida, and yet again I rarely see a bike of any type.
There are no real road courses in La. The closest one is Barber Motorsports which is a six hour tow from here.
Are there any bike repair shops nearby?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
alecracing
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

alecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Umair, didnít realize you were Rabbit Racer. I just got a 2019 ninja ZX-6R. Almost have 1000 miles on it. Didnít realize how much I missed riding. Blew a spark plug out of my 05 CBR 600 and didnít really feel lol fixing it. Sold it to one of Martins relatives years ago.

Moved to Tampa for a job in 2018 and was traveling a lot for work. Didnít think I would ever ride again so I left all my stuff at my house in Ft Lauderdale because the move was kinda rushed. My mom had a garage sale at my house to sell everything I didnít take so I could rent out the house. When I decided to buy another bike, I asked her what she did with my helmets and riding gear... she donated it to Salvation Army

So I had to buy all new shit... not really a bad thing

A lot more curvy roads here in Tampa, especially the ones I ride to work.

Definitely a little rusty on the bike. Track Day would probably help

and then feed you to my killer rabid pit bull.

[]
alecracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #17
alecracing
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

alecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond repute

��, had to reset my password since I hadn’t been on here in so long ��

and then feed you to my killer rabid pit bull.

[]
alecracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #18
dro^
Te LA meto!

dro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond reputedro^ has a reputation beyond repute

also back, just bought an r1m. you know what they say life works in cycles. :D

nothing like the smell of a new 998cc

def going for a ride sunday morning ^_^
dro^ is offline   Reply With Quote