SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion of Specific Brands > Triumph Motorcycles

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 01-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #11
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough
Re: Daytona Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by websch View Post
Or voltage regulator (notorious problem on the superduke)
yes my ducati came with one VR that overheats easily ( hear common in Ducati Monsters), I swapped it out for a mosfet type ( supposed to be better over all)
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #12
DBMoto
Newb

DBMoto is on a distinguished road
Re: Daytona Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflict343 View Post
UPDATE. Tried everything I could but couldn't figure it out. Ended up taking it to triumph. They said I fried the ecu. Don't know how. I'm still curious on that one. What are the causes of that? Anyway, they told me $1700 for a new ecu. I found a new one on ebay for $285. Is that a decent price for a used ecu and is there anything I should look for before having them install it?

That's a decent price for a used ecu. I've seen some bikes just blow the ecu before for no good reason. I've have seen 2 incidents where it was a short in the ignition wiring that caused it.
DBMoto is offline   Reply With Quote