SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Multimedia > Sportbike / Motorcycle Videos

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #31
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Daily Commute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes305 View Post
Are there any lawyers/lobbyists in the house that can start a petition? Or familiar with the process of getting political attention to change something that is not about drug, terror, or economically charged.

Realistically, how difficult it is to change a law like this? Are there any grassroots groups in Florida actively fighting to legalize lane splitting?

It’s not going to happen anytime soon:

1.) The majority of bikes in the US are cruiser and shopper. Most Harley rider don’t have an interest in lane splitting because many if not most ride for fun and to relax. They usually don’t commute to work. When they ride, they often enjoy to be seen. A Harley is more of a show off than a nimble, quick or economic way of transportation.

Hence Harley rider are in no rush and it seems like they prefer to sit in traffic every now and then to be seen or have a talk with their buddies. Often Harleys don’t fit in-between cars and many rider don’t trust themselves to give it a try. That’s why they will rarely support lane splitting let alone get anything started.

2.) The group that would actually have the biggest advantage are sport bike rider and the scooter league. While the scooter guys are usually perceived as an annoyance, the sport bike rider are often literally hated by the public. Why should they vote in our favor?

3.) It’s bad timing because the sport bike market got hit badly since 2008, and again in 2014. More people are selling their bike than buying a new one. Our voice is shrinking. Just have a look at this forum.. it’s dead.

4.) The scooter market is growing but they have no voice or lobby, they just ride.

5.) There had been attempts in the past but nobody really took care of the bill or made it likeable.

6.) Most people still think that lane splitting / lane sharing is dangerous, which is proven wrong.

7.) Cager are often jelly because they would have to sit in traffic and would hate to see that asshole on a sport bike get to his point B in half the time. That they would actually arrive sooner too is something they can’t comprehend. The majority is, well, dumb. And it will take a lot of money to educate them.

The best way to walk into the right direction would be:

- grow the sport bike market by talking friends into sport bike riding

- make sure that your buddies ride and behave decently in order to improve our public image

- make the public aware of traffic congestion and educate them that lane sharing helps to improve traffic flow, saves time, saves money, is safer for the rider, saves gas which equates in less emissions. Heck even existing infrastructure will be good for longer which equates in less tax money being wasted for more lanes and so on.
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #32
dave ls1
1 Up, 5 Down
SoFla Supporter

dave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond repute

I do my best to talk people out of sport bike riders, because I literally hate those guys!
dave ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #33
yes305
Pocketbike Racer

yes305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Itís not going to happen anytime soon:

7.) Cager are often jelly because they would have to sit in traffic and would hate to see that asshole on a sport bike get to his point B in half the time. That they would actually arrive sooner too is something they canít comprehend. The majority is, well, dumb. And it will take a lot of money to educate them.
Misery loves company
yes305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #34
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1.) The majority of bikes in the US are cruiser and shopper. Most Harley rider don’t have an interest in lane splitting because many if not most ride for fun and to relax. They usually don’t commute to work. When they ride, they often enjoy to be seen. A Harley is more of a show off than a nimble, quick or economic way of transportation.

Hence Harley rider are in no rush and it seems like they prefer to sit in traffic every now and then to be seen or have a talk with their buddies. Often Harleys don’t fit in-between cars and many rider don’t trust themselves to give it a try. That’s why they will rarely support lane splitting let alone get anything started.
So you're saying that most Harley riders are a bunch of lazy, fair-weather-riding, narcissistic, wannabes, trying to bolster their own self-image, who can't ride for shit?

I think we're in agreement!
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #35
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
So you're saying that most Harley riders are a bunch of lazy, fair-weather-riding, narcissistic, wannabes, trying to bolster their own self-image, who can't ride for shit?

I think we're in agreement!
lol

Well, they can do whatever they want but they are for sure no help when it comes to lane splitting or anything that supports mainly sport bike rider.

They are really 'funny' out here in the boonies. You see one of them and they almost always wave at me on a sport bike. But let them be in a pack and the majority will look straight and not wave, not even a nod or a pinky wiggle. Bunch of incoherent show offs lol!

But then again sometimes I can't help myself and Ďwheelie pass themí on a long stretch. Probably doesn't help the course. So yes, I am also a narcissistic wannabe, trying to bolster my self-image. But I can ride, and I ride in all (Florida) weather.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #36
yes305
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
They are really 'funny' out here in the boonies. You see one of them and they almost always wave at me on a sport bike. But let them be in a pack and the majority will look straight and not wave, not even a nod or a pinky wiggle. Bunch of incoherent show offs lol!
It's funny cuz it's true.... I've only owned Ducati & Triumph naked bikes so I've always been able to side step any 'Jap Bike' prejudices but every single Harley rider I've met LOVE to talk sh!t about anyone with a 'Rice Burner'

The only thing that keeps Harley relevant in my eyes is the development of the Live Wire electric bike that is supposedly coming out soon-ish. If Harley can make it socially acceptable to own an electric bike and in turn push other companies to step up Electric R&D.... All of the other BS we have to put up with from HOG owners is well worth it
Old 12-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #37
yes305
Pocketbike Racer

Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #38
don
Compensate Camp

There I was about to say that I miss Miami a bit, until I saw that wacko right next to the place where I used to live. Saw way too many of them...

Now I want titties in my face! Bada bing, bada boom!
Old 12-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #39
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I WAS gonna take out the KX for some dirty fun, but if you want to meet up to ride some of those streets this afternoon... I might be convinced... PM me
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #40
yes305
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
Ok, I WAS gonna take out the KX for some dirty fun, but if you want to meet up to ride some of those streets this afternoon... I might be convinced... PM me
New Years Eve had me bogged down but would love to get some new roads under the belt in the near future. Seems like I need to put my girlfriend in the videos more often