SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion of Specific Brands > Yamaha Motorcycles

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 08-18-2015, 02:27 AM   #1
JTSwag
Newb

JTSwag is on a distinguished road
Help with first bike purchase

I went to a yamaha place and checked out the R3, the price is said to be $4,995 and when i asked the people about out the door price, they told me that it would be around $6500 with everything, including plates, tax, registrations, and other things that i wasn't able to catch or remember. I never bought a bike yet and this would be my first one and i was thinking that an extra $1500 for all the extra stuff. Is it just me or is it the right price?
JTSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough
Re: Help with first bike purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSwag View Post
I went to a yamaha place and checked out the R3, the price is said to be $4,995 and when i asked the people about out the door price, they told me that it would be around $6500 with everything, including plates, tax, registrations, and other things that i wasn't able to catch or remember. I never bought a bike yet and this would be my first one and i was thinking that an extra $1500 for all the extra stuff. Is it just me or is it the right price?
$4k bike... 7% tax = $280
saw a license tax =$10
Title appx =$90

plus your dealer fee = $???? (i expect it to be less than $300 but they vary )

so to me yes, $1500 seems hi

if you got cash especially

Fees - Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
JTSwag
Newb

Its almost 5k so i think tax would be $350 but like you said, its still kind of high with everything else! thank you!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
blindstuff
Amateur Racer

blindstuff is on a distinguished road

Dealers will try to get you to accept the highest price possible.

You're actually negotiating with people who do that for a living, all day long, every day. There is always room for getting a better deal, how to negotiate that really depends on what your style is. Some people leave the dealership to get called back, some people just talk it down. Its up to you how you go about it. But don't pay the first price they give you, very few dealerships use fixed pricing.
blindstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Odilup
Forum Addict
SoFla Supporter

Odilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond reputeOdilup has a reputation beyond repute

I would offer them $5500 OTD. If they say no, leave your phone # and walk out. They will call you back.
Odilup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
JTSwag
Newb

They broke the price down for me, they said
R3 - $4,999
Freight - $500
Assemble - $300
License - $175
Plates & register - $200
Tax - $350

Are these even necessary?
Old 08-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Call around to other dealers and ask for their absolute best price. Tell them you are ready to buy, but will walk at the first sign of deceit or bullshit.

BTW, which dealer gave you those numbers?
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
Qomomoko
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSwag View Post
They broke the price down for me, they said
R3 - $4,999
Freight - $500
Assemble - $300
License - $175
Plates & register - $200
Tax - $350

Are these even necessary?
a person or business can charge for whatever they want.. its up to consumer to decide if they want to pay for such (obvious but sometimes not so)..

freight?- if bike is in stock , its a sunk cost to them.. If they are ordering for you and you need to have the one in Hawaii.. then ok

Assemble?… lol tell them you'll assemble the bike …

tax.. yeah I suppose jejeje…

plates and register $200, seem reasonable

at least they don't have a dealer fee
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #9
JTSwag
Newb

It was the yamaha place in stuart florida
Old 08-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
dave07r1
3000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter

dave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sales guys make a commission. So they're always gonna try to sell for as much as they can get out of you.
dave07r1 is offline   Reply With Quote