SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 08-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #131
Katana-750_Lady
the voice of reason ...how did that happen?

Katana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond reputeKatana-750_Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florida Motorcycle Clubs

My point is .. if someone wants to put a patch on a vest or jacket, rocker or not, .. who are you to say they can or can't? Also, your comment about it being bad for someone's health seemed like a threat, I dunno but that's extreme. Just because something is "tradition" doesn't make it right.

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Katana-750_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #132
Cab305
2000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter

Cab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond repute

"I dunno but that's extreme. Just because something is "tradition" doesn't make it right."

Somethings are the way they are...

Because reality is not "right or fair or pretty".

How many teenage black "kids" younger than most people here... were killed in the nineties in california for accidentally wearing a school shirt or something their mom bought them. I'm not talking about gang-bangers, I'm talking about just innocent kids walking home from school, taking a short cut.

Nobody knows because you think the police took time to actually investigate? Just another gang member slinging crack.

There are subcultures in every single society since the beginning of time. You can call it what you want. But you can't deny it is there. I'm not glorifying anything for the record I am as noobish as noob can be on my Fisher Price 250. But I'm not stupid.

I like dogs they are awesome to play with, but if I hear howling, I'm not jogging in the forest.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #133
abzx10r
05CBR09ZX
SoFla Supporter

abzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab305 View Post
You are talking about 50-60 years of heritage. You don't just dump that.
It's part of the culture of motor, somethings you respect.... just because.

My 2 cents.

Sorry, not my heritage even though I respect where bikes/bikers have been... But in my mind if you ride a bike, cool, you ride! If you want to were a vest,jacket,thong with a patch you can & will with out someone saying anything....Remember its the Land of the free

Sorry but how you guys defend vests just sounds shady...I would think you guys would be happy seeing more clubs and vests even if there rainbow colored vests

these clubs dont sound like a democracy much....more like a place of egos or something...

just my opinion!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #134
meanseeds
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

meanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond repute

ive heard of people getting beat around just for wearing sons of anarchy T-shirts with an MC on the back.

and these outlaws come in my shop and brag about it oO
meanseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #135
abzx10r
05CBR09ZX
SoFla Supporter

abzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond reputeabzx10r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanseeds View Post
ive heard of people getting beat around just for wearing sons of anarchy T-shirts with an MC on the back.

and these outlaws come in my shop and brag about it oO
bro that club right there is the reason I wouldn't wear a vest!

Did I tell you about the time when I tried telling a guy with an outlaw vest his shoe was un-tied at a stop light

Yeah pulled up to the guy leaving work, say 7am...hes wearing no gear, just a vest/no shirt, shit not even sunglasses...His shoe is un-tied. I pull up and say hey hows it going, just a heads up, your shoe is un-tied He looks over and says "f*ck you" "I dont give a flies f*ck" "go f*ck your self"

I just looked at him again, flipped my vison down and ate the shit out of him on the dig...Nexted stop light he finally pulls up, he looks over and ties his shoe lol lol...Guy was a complete asshole
Old 08-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #136
meanseeds
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

meanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond reputemeanseeds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzx10r View Post
bro that club right there is the reason I wouldn't wear a vest!

Did I tell you about the time when I tried telling a guy with an outlaw vest his shoe was un-tied at a stop light

Yeah pulled up to the guy leaving work, say 7am...hes wearing no gear, just a vest/no shirt, shit not even sunglasses...His shoe is un-tied. I pull up and say hey hows it going, just a heads up, your shoe is un-tied He looks over and says "f*ck you" "I dont give a flies f*ck" "go f*ck your self"

I just looked at him again, flipped my vison down and ate the shit out of him on the dig...Nexted stop light he finally pulls up, he looks over and ties his shoe lol lol...Guy was a complete asshole
and those same assholes come in my shop on saturdays and act like I'm too young to be able to help them. Then they can't figure out which oil filter to get cuz they dont know what motor they have and need help figuring out how many quarts of which oil to buy.
meanseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #137
BLAZED

BLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana-750_Lady View Post
My point is .. if someone wants to put a patch on a vest or jacket, rocker or not, .. who are you to say they can or can't? Also, your comment about it being bad for someone's health seemed like a threat, I dunno but that's extreme. Just because something is "tradition" doesn't make it right.
I'm nobody I'm also not the one who maze the unwritten rule. It was t a threat to anyone it's the truth you dnt goto daytona with 81 colors or any that haventt g
Had approval. It's obvious you had a bad experience with ur previous club not my problem they should have educated you on the lifestyle. So to re cap n make thing clear it's not my rule nor do I enforce it and it was not a threat it's how things are.
BLAZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #138
Tungue
The Original Asian Sensation

Tungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the documentaries on the Discovery or History channel about the biker gangs from the past, all the rules around vests\colors started way before the sportbikers even had a chance to give MC clubs a "bad" name.
'08 Yellow/Black ZX6R | '05 Yellow/Black ZX6R (R.I.P. - Murdered) | '02 Yellow/Black GSXR 750 (Sold)| '01 Black/Silver GSXR 1000 (Sold) | '00 Yellow/Black GSXR 750 (R.I.P.) | '00 Yellow/Black F4 (R.I.P.) | '88 Red/White/Blue Hurricane (R.I.P.)

http://www.facebook.com/tungue | http://www.myspace.com/tungue
Tungue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #139
Cab305
2000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter

Cab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond reputeCab305 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzx10r View Post
Sorry but how you guys defend vests just sounds shady...I would think you guys would be happy seeing more clubs and vests even if there rainbow colored vests.
For the record, all I know, I saw on Discovery channel also :)

You are missing the whole point of the thread. Anyone can start a club and ride with their friends. If you want to wear something special, color, icon etc. You just need to check with your local council to get approval, to make sure you know where you stand.

Maybe someone already uses the rainbow vest. You didn't know that the "Queer Lovers" had beef with the "Man Smokers". You go around looking like either, with your rainbow chaps, you could get yourself in trouble.

Not glorifying (TV does it well enough) not justifying, just pointing out.

You can start a club is you want, nobody can stop you. But is best to be informed.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #140
BLAZED

BLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond reputeBLAZED has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Cab305;1157209]For the record, all I know, I saw on Discovery channel also :)

You are missing the whole point of the thread. Anyone can start a club and ride with their friends. If you want to wear something special, color, icon etc. You just need to check with your local council to get approval, to make sure you know where you stand.

Maybe someone already uses the rainbow vest. You didn't know that the "Queer Lovers" had beef with the "Man Smokers". You go around looking like either, with your rainbow chaps, you could get yourself in trouble.

Not glorifying (TV does it well enough) not justifying, just pointing out.

You can start a club is you want, nobody can stop you. But is best to be informed.[/QUOTE\] +1000 here's an example a member on this forum juice14 started a club with his buddies I can't recall the name of it they wear vest with thier logo on the back but they knew what they could n couldn't put on the vest he was questioned and everything was cool noone ran him off the road or threatened him or his club they proudly still rock thier vest and noone bothers them. Mc's are just that motorcycle clubs not gangs
BLAZED is offline   Reply With Quote