SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Off Topic > Tech-niques

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 01-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
LEON
BIG BAD MOD
SoFla Supporter

LEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help on Root

look up towelroot
LEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:56 PM   #12
RodgerMillan
Scooter Racer

RodgerMillan is on a distinguished road

Thankx guys for the suggestions and for Iphone Don't like it as it costly than and android and it aint a open source
RodgerMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #13
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerMillan View Post
Thankx guys for the suggestions and for Iphone Don't like it as it costly than and android and it aint a open source
What do you need open source for when you don't even know how to root a device? I highly doubt you can code in Java or C.

Anyways.. do yourself a big favor.. based on your grammar.. pay 100% attention when rooting your phone. One little mistake can cause your phone to turn into a useless brick.
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #14
thecdn
Superbike Racer

thecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond reputethecdn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
One little mistake can cause your phone to turn into a useless brick.
Always backup everything you can before trying this. If you don't have a backup app look for something in playstore that can backup without root.

Even plugging your phone into a computer and manually dragging files over is better than nothing. And make sure your contacts are saved in google. Of course if it's a new phone, there's not much to lose.

This isn't meant to scare you (maybe a little) or prevent you from doing this, but to get you to be prepared in case things go bad. We all had to have our 'first time' and it can be kind of nerve wrecking but after a few times it will seem natural.

I picked up a new phone on Sunday and there is no root for it yet. Feels really funny not rooting a phone as soon as I bring it home. I'm anxiously watching the thread on androidforums where the smart guys are discussing their efforts to root it.

Make sure you find an appropriate forum for your phone, and read through the rooting process, becoming familiar with it. Download, or acquire everything you will need beforehand, and if you aren't sure of something ask on the forum or here before you start.
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #15
LEON
BIG BAD MOD
SoFla Supporter

LEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond reputeLEON has a reputation beyond repute

If you're with Verizon or AT&T, and on a flagship device with 4.4.4 or up, root may be a thing of the past.
LEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #16
RodgerMillan
Scooter Racer

RodgerMillan is on a distinguished road

ah np for me as for my grammar np for it and for my s4 rooted it and I am happy used the towelroot and thankx @LEON
RodgerMillan is offline   Reply With Quote