SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #51
Meeps
Sick, broken and twisted!
SoFla Supporter

Meeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond reputeMeeps has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florida State Motorcycle Laws

Busa, yea I've developed a good awareness for spotting LEO's myself. I pretty much can point out every single undercover unmarked car in Brevard and Indian River County. But the IRCSO that got me on US1 for the quick turn was behind me the whole time. Didn't bother me that he pulled me over just for a question. The one that got me in Brevard County I never even saw until he came up behind me. Didn't bother me either that he just wanted to shoot the shit. But yea I thought about that, that the one in brevard county could have been looking for a certain sport biker, especially since he ran my tag and found I was endorsed right away before I could even hand him my license and such. But still doesnt bother me, didn't get a ticket or anything. He even told me that I should go up to the Dragon's Tail sometime and ride that and that he had a blast on it with his Ninja
Meeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #52
SFLbusarider
Can't drive 55!!!

SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider SFLbusarider

Sounds comical but at least they didn't ticket you just for kicks which they could have done. Another good practice is to check your mirrors and memorize the headlight shapes of the mostly used LEO marked and unmarked vehicles and also keep a keen eye on traffic behind you safely. Many times I have been able to spot LEO's behind, even at night (which is way more difficult). It's scary but I can sometimes even feel I am being watched from behind, sounds silly but it makes my hair stand on end thinking about it lol! Watch which pair of headlights stay behind you at the same distance and for how long, change lanes and keep watching (scanning) safely. Sometimes I like to pull in front of a bigger vehicle so it can block my view from the rear (van, truck or even a 16 wheeler). Just stay sharp n' practice good judgement. Ride safe out there!

"Use the force Luke, trust your feelings" <---line from Star Wars (Obi-One Ben Kenobi)

"Live to ride, ride to live Busa Style!"

'07 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
'91 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
'81
Honda CB900F Super Sport

SFLbusarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #53
stefanenyce808
Amateur Racer

stefanenyce808 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information. Just moved to Florida and was trying to find out the laws over here..
stefanenyce808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #54
mjh101
To boldly go....

mjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond reputemjh101 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #55
newninja
Amateur Racer

newninja will become famous soon enough

tag lights? didnt see anywhere...
newninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #56
Lnewqban
Cars' bait

Lnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really nice

316.410 Taillamps.—
(1) Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle shall have at least one taillamp which shall be located at a height of not more than 72 nor less than 20 inches.
(2) Either a taillamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate and render it clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear. Any taillamp or taillamps, together with any separate lamp or lamps for illuminating the rear registration plate, shall be so wired as to be lighted whenever the headlamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.
(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.