SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
x2468
Superbike Racer

x2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Florida State Motorcycle Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljaxsb View Post
ya i got a ticket for not have turn signals and i was arguing with the cops, ended up staying the night in county and they towed the bike, thus when i got out the popo was in alot of trouble, got all new plastics for the bike, and the cop was fired lol
thats awesome
x2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #12
x2468
Superbike Racer

x2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond reputex2468 has a reputation beyond repute

it's actually the law now to sit in your seat and face forward? thats ridiculous. i stand up all the time when my arse falls asleep or i have a wedgy. and i turn around all the time because i can't see shit in the rear view mirrors.
x2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
Tungue
The Original Asian Sensation

Tungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond reputeTungue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
it's actually the law now to sit in your seat and face forward? thats ridiculous. i stand up all the time when my arse falls asleep or i have a wedgy. and i turn around all the time because i can't see shit in the rear view mirrors.
The law is not meant to be interpreted that extreme. The staying seated part was removed or rewritten in response to the (I believe) the AMA letting the legislatures know that the MSF course teaches riders to get up out of the seat when approaching objects such as speed bumps.

As for the face forward, it's meant to prevent you from looking around you. You're fine with turning your head to look beside\behind you. It's an issue if you actually sit on your bike with your body facing towards the back.
'08 Yellow/Black ZX6R | '05 Yellow/Black ZX6R (R.I.P. - Murdered) | '02 Yellow/Black GSXR 750 (Sold)| '01 Black/Silver GSXR 1000 (Sold) | '00 Yellow/Black GSXR 750 (R.I.P.) | '00 Yellow/Black F4 (R.I.P.) | '88 Red/White/Blue Hurricane (R.I.P.)

http://www.facebook.com/tungue | http://www.myspace.com/tungue
Tungue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
CalitosWay
My Yami is my Vice

CalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO View Post
I got a ticket going 50m ph over in my car and insted of writting violation of Florida Statute 316.183(2), the cop wrote 316.183(1) which was a $150 for speed does not meet conditions. I was so lucky of this typo on his part and quickly paid for it instead of going to court and having the cop fix it in court.
CalitosWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #15
Animal
Amateur Racer

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANS View Post
someone needs to update that list with the new laws that have come into effect since july 1st of 2008. theres been quite a few added.

Hans:
New laws past Oct/08 i thought, Tag,speeding,wheelies and such.Even reflectors on the tag and tag lights.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #16
HANS
ASSHOLE

HANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond reputeHANS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
Hans:
New laws past Oct/08 i thought, Tag,speeding,wheelies and such.Even reflectors on the tag and tag lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO View Post
she already added those. its all written up in that link there.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
JayDouble
I am the eater of worlds, and of children.

JayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond reputeJayDouble has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalitosWay View Post
I got a ticket going 50m ph over in my car and insted of writting violation of Florida Statute 316.183(2), the cop wrote 316.183(1) which was a $150 for speed does not meet conditions. I was so lucky of this typo on his part and quickly paid for it instead of going to court and having the cop fix it in court.
the cop cant change the ticket after it has been written. they would of dropped the charge if you took it to court. ive seen people walk because the cop wrote purple for their car color instead of blue.
JayDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #18
CalitosWay
My Yami is my Vice

CalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond reputeCalitosWay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDouble View Post
the cop cant change the ticket after it has been written. they would of dropped the charge if you took it to court. ive seen people walk because the cop wrote purple for their car color instead of blue.
One of the Supervisors at the Clerks of Court tols me that if I take it to court, the cop may ask the judge to make the correction on the citation before beginning trial. I didnt wanna take me chances so I just paid the $150 and gonna go to 4 hour traffic school. Thanks for the tip anyways J.
CalitosWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
Hooknbook
Hooknbook

Hooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond reputeHooknbook has a reputation beyond repute

6.000 FINE IF YOU COME UP ON A WHEELIE NEXT TO A COP OR WERE HE CAN SEE YOU ..... THERE ARE TWO CHOPPERS ON CALL AT ANY GIVEN TIME IN THE MIAMI AREA ..
Hooknbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #20
osg1Blacksmoke
Amateur Racer

osg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond reputeosg1Blacksmoke has a reputation beyond repute

Good Post thanks
osg1Blacksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote