SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
skillajoe
Newb

skillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond reputeskillajoe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey All (Central Florida Motorcycle Curvy Road Alert)

I need to make that a must do when I get back down there. 'preciate the info. peace...
skillajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #12
Animal
Amateur Racer

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful I use to go on those rides Brooksville aka n run it get's really hot for the law at times many month ago a rider lost control and wiped out like several bicycle riders and raised a major hassle for us, I stopped going trackdays are cheaper and much more safe.

P.S. stay off Hayman rd
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
Gear Head
RIP Gregory Minette

Gear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond reputeGear Head has a reputation beyond repute

wow thank you for the list.
Gear Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
rockertom
I-4 POWER

rockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond reputerockertom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
Just be careful I use to go on those rides Brooksville aka n run it get's really hot for the law at times many month ago a rider lost control and wiped out like several bicycle riders and raised a major hassle for us, I stopped going trackdays are cheaper and much more safe.

P.S. stay off Hayman rd
It's like that anywhere. When you blister a road or series of roads every single Sunday. It is bound to draw heat. Sugarloaf Mt has that problem also here in Clermont.
rockertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #15
Elusive
Senior SoFla Member

Elusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond reputeElusive has a reputation beyond repute

SAVED IT!!! thanks

R.I.P. Reggie "GIXXERBOY" St. Rose : 1985 - 2008
R.I.P. Lino
A liability on the court is an asset on the bench!
Love all, trust few, do wrong to none.
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better."

Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #16
Black Knight
Scooter Racer

Black Knight is on a distinguished road

Rockertom, thanks for putting this list together Kudos to you sir!
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #17
yes305
Pocketbike Racer

yes305 is on a distinguished road

If anyone is planning a ride through the 'twisties' from South Florida I would love to get down
yes305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

The Clermont/Howey-in-the-Hills/Lake Louisa area has some EXCELLENT riding.

Some of you may have read my posts last month about the AIMExpo and Dixie Dual Sport Riders rally held in conjunction with the Expo on that same weekend. The rallly was for Dual Sports (which included dirt & sand roads), but they also published a paved-only route, that comprised 150+ mile route beginning and ending at the convention center on I-drive.

While not a technical ride, like Deal's Gap, this was some of the best riding I've done in a long time (the perfect weather didn't hurt)... lots of well paved (for the most part), curvy roads with some serious elevation changes, through central Florida's "horse country"... the scenery was gorgeous, and on that particular Saturday, there was almost no traffic at all.

I have the .gpx file (for importing to a GPS); I also have a printed route sheet, but since the roads up there are poorly marked, it's not as helpful. If you're interested, PM me; this forum doesn't allow attaching that file format, but we can figure out a way to get it to you. The route has a point where it splits into two possible choices, so if 150 miles isn't enough, you can always double back and do the other route, too. Including lunch and fuel stops, the "single route" took a little over half a day; doing both would (probably) add 2 hours or so.

I didn't see ANY LEO on that ride (even at Sugarloaf Mountain), but that doesn't mean they're not out there...

Note: A good number of the roads listed in the OP are on the route I took, including Hancock, Marsh, and Lake Louisa Roads...

This is one of the best times of the year to ride that part of the state - not too warm/not too cool. A light textile jacket was perfect last month; soon, leather will be the preferred option.

I may have to head up there & do it again before long; perhaps after the New Year.. (but I'm not a pup anymore, so I will do as I did last month - trailer the bike, spend the night, do the ride, spend the night again, then head home - so a 3 day trip, altogether (and the enclosed trailer makes a nice overnight "garage" for the bike...).
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #19
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
The Clermont/Howey-in-the-Hills/Lake Louisa area has some EXCELLENT riding.

Some of you may have read my posts last month about the AIMExpo and Dixie Dual Sport Riders rally held in conjunction with the Expo on that same weekend. The rallly was for Dual Sports (which included dirt & sand roads), but they also published a paved-only route, that comprised 150+ mile route beginning and ending at the convention center on I-drive.

While not a technical ride, like Deal's Gap, this was some of the best riding I've done in a long time (the perfect weather didn't hurt)... lots of well paved (for the most part), curvy roads with some serious elevation changes, through central Florida's "horse country"... the scenery was gorgeous, and on that particular Saturday, there was almost no traffic at all.

I have the .gpx file (for importing to a GPS); I also have a printed route sheet, but since the roads up there are poorly marked, it's not as helpful. If you're interested, PM me; this forum doesn't allow attaching that file format, but we can figure out a way to get it to you. The route has a point where it splits into two possible choices, so if 150 miles isn't enough, you can always double back and do the other route, too. Including lunch and fuel stops, the "single route" took a little over half a day; doing both would (probably) add 2 hours or so.

I didn't see ANY LEO on that ride (even at Sugarloaf Mountain), but that doesn't mean they're not out there...

Note: A good number of the roads listed in the OP are on the route I took, including Hancock, Marsh, and Lake Louisa Roads...

This is one of the best times of the year to ride that part of the state - not too warm/not too cool. A light textile jacket was perfect last month; soon, leather will be the preferred option.

I may have to head up there & do it again before long; perhaps after the New Year.. (but I'm not a pup anymore, so I will do as I did last month - trailer the bike, spend the night, do the ride, spend the night again, then head home - so a 3 day trip, altogether (and the enclosed trailer makes a nice overnight "garage" for the bike...).
Thatís not exactly within South Florida anymore. And for most people from Miami that's almost out of country.

PS: ya'll better stay down there. We like it quiet up here!
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #20
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Thatís not exactly within South Florida anymore. And for most people from Miami that's almost out of country.

PS: ya'll better stay down there. We like it quiet up here!

Just for that, Don, I'm coming back up... and I'm bringing friends!
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote