SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycle Discussion > Sportbike Resource Center

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
picaflor
2000 Post Club

picaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond repute
how to remove oil filter???

well,no any oil filter, but the one in my jetski... you have to be in bro rape position to access that, with one arm or both inside the engine to access that...

i already try:

seems that the filter is slightly smaller but cannot find smaller than the one tha ti have..

and one like this, but with a belt, no with a chain:

major problem is no much space to maniobrate inside....

ideas?
picaflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Toadster600
Senior SoFla Member

Toadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to remove oil filter???

Jam a screwdriver through it....

Herold Motorsports
Chattahoochee Forest Cabins
Toadster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
mrflawless
Amateur Racer

mrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond reputemrflawless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadster600 View Post
Jam a screwdriver through it....
the thing with jamming a screw driver through it is that all the oil in the filter will leak out, and you will have to stick the srew driver though it a couple times to make it turn, because it wont turn much with the screw driver in it. Use it as a last resort if you dont want to be messy.
mrflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
Scudman
Forum Addict

Scudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond reputeScudman has a reputation beyond repute

try wraping a leathers belt around the filter and hand turning. Sometimes it works
Old 03-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
picaflor
2000 Post Club

picaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you... I will try with the leathers.... the screwdriver will have to be really a last resort, because the oil will fall inside the hull and will be really hard to clean that from there.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #6
Toadster600
Senior SoFla Member

Toadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond reputeToadster600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflawless View Post
the thing with jamming a screw driver through it is that all the oil in the filter will leak out, and you will have to stick the srew driver though it a couple times to make it turn, because it wont turn much with the screw driver in it. Use it as a last resort if you dont want to be messy.
I was only kidding about the screw driver.

I use a pair of these...
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/chaof1.html

Haven't come across a Filter I can't get off.

Herold Motorsports
Chattahoochee Forest Cabins
Toadster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
picaflor
2000 Post Club

I try to much stuff, i already punched a hole and got it to turn 1/4 ...

the oil filter is almost losing his shape now, all oil removed, and still cannot complete to remove it...

damn RIVA YAMAHA!!!! They did the first 10 hour oil change of my jetski until i figure out that i have to get an oil pump to remove the oil... but they tighten it up too much!!!! thats insane! it must be hand tight!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
picaflor
2000 Post Club

It is finally OFF!!!!!

after the hole with the screw driver, because the tight space, the allen driver worked better to be able to turn it.....

if anytime i visit an stealership for repairs, please slap me in the head! RIVA YAMAHA is totally dead for me.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
alecracing
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter

alecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond reputealecracing has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you put K&N on it so you have that nut on the end of it to get it off next time

and then feed you to my killer rabid pit bull.

[]
alecracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
picaflor
2000 Post Club

sounds like a nice idea... i will have to find the k&N filter, but it will have to be for the next oil change, after 75 hours of use... by now, i just installed the OEM filter, but just, hand tight.