SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Motorcycles on the Road > Stunt / Freestyle

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 03-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
fvnnyl3tt3r1ng
Amateur Racer

fvnnyl3tt3r1ng is on a distinguished road
Re: Wheelie Ticket- who's got one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
Before I criticize or complain I'm curious were said wheelie and tank stands on a public street where my wife may be driving or in a parking lot or area away from innocent folks?

Either way good he let you off. $1000 ticket ain't no joke.
Low traffic side road. Best place I could find
fvnnyl3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #22
K3Gixx
ATGATT

K3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond reputeK3Gixx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvnnyl3tt3r1ng View Post
Lol you come in the stunt section to write this.

Meh. It popped up in new posts, didn't come into the room looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroX View Post
Yes lets take some kid, and throw him into one of our over crowded jails so he can be a burden on the tax system and become a hardened criminal himself.

Moron....
Yep. Since half these kids wreck trying to wheelie and wanna do it at speed on public roads shared by cars with babies inside, like my own, and can cause injury or death because they wanna show off.

In a safe environment, go for it. With other cars, unaware of what these morons are about to do... No way.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

I rarely see somebody puling a wheelie on the road and I never saw one causing problems to others. There is no need for ridiculous tickets or bullshit like jail time. If you want to bring up your kid in an safe environment move out of Miami and find a good school and low crime neighborhood.
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #24
Blanca Busa
Jedi Knight
SoFla Supporter

Blanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond reputeBlanca Busa has a reputation beyond repute

Don we are off topic but I don't think question was if you have ever see one.
My question to you is do you think it ok for folks to ride wheelies next to others who don't want to be involved in the possible mayhem if said biker crashes?
I can't remember the last time I saw somebody pull a wheelie either but I still don't think they should be doing it around other innocents be it in Miami or Loxahatchee.
I ride, sometimes I obtain ludicrous speeds but they are alway done way away from anyone else. Downside is I will probably be laying in a cane field for hours before I'm found by at least there won't be anyone else next to me. I'm all for anyone having fun 'at their own risk'.
The signs alway say 'at your own risk'. As long as that the case than I'm ok
Blanca Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
fvnnyl3tt3r1ng
Amateur Racer

On a side note, sheriff thanked me for not running and was way professional the entire time. He didn't just let me off he checked out my tags and license with the dispatcher, patted me down and emptied my pockets, then told me he wasn't even gonna kick me out because he didn't know of a better spot. What a guy.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #26
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca Busa View Post
Don we are off topic but I don't think question was if you have ever see one.
My question to you is do you think it ok for folks to ride wheelies next to others who don't want to be involved in the possible mayhem if said biker crashes?
I can't remember the last time I saw somebody pull a wheelie either but I still don't think they should be doing it around other innocents be it in Miami or Loxahatchee.
I ride, sometimes I obtain ludicrous speeds but they are alway done way away from anyone else. Downside is I will probably be laying in a cane field for hours before I'm found by at least there won't be anyone else next to me. I'm all for anyone having fun 'at their own risk'.
The signs alway say 'at your own risk'. As long as that the case than I'm ok
The funny thing is that I feel safer next to a stunter pulling a wheelie on a highway than any given taxi driver in metro Miami area. Same applies for ppl texting while driving. I bet there are A LOT more folks getting hurt by drivers texting than biker pulling a wheelie and losing it. How come there are no $1k tickets for texting?

If they want to improve traffic fatality statistics they should start adjusting the requirements for the driver licensing. It takes a little more than a couple rounds on the lot or around a block to learn how to operate a vehicle safely and also to prove it.
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
fvnnyl3tt3r1ng
Amateur Racer

I was fortunate enough to see someone wheelie on I95 NB one day. Was a sick wheelie too nice and balanced and for a 1/4 mile or so going about 70 mph. He was showing off for my gf in the passenger seat of the car of course. Maybe someone on this forum????
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
shmike
Senior SoFla Member
SoFla Supporter + +

shmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond reputeshmike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvnnyl3tt3r1ng View Post
I was fortunate enough to see someone wheelie on I95 NB one day. Was a sick wheelie too nice and balanced and for a 1/4 mile or so going about 70 mph. He was showing off for my gf in the passenger seat of the car of course. Maybe someone on this forum????
K3Gixx

CCS 519

Sponsored by:
http://www.racinglinez.com/
http://www.myspace.com/qballcustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin6187 View Post
i thought my highschool had alot of drama. then i came to corporate America. I thought corporate America had alot of drama. Then i came to soflasportbikes.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
fvnnyl3tt3r1ng
Amateur Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
K3Gixx
The nerve of some people
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #30
buzzcutt2
Do I look like a cat to you boy?
SoFla Supporter + +

buzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
K3Gixx
How could you be certain? Oh...no helmet.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote