SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Site Related Forums > Welcome New Members

Notices

Forum Sponsor

Old 02-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Jetpack710
Fedelle Alla Famiglia

Jetpack710 is on a distinguished road
Talking Hello from a noob

Friends call me Jetpack, just wanted to sign up to say whatís up and gain some good riding info. Saw the south Florida section hasnít had much activity lately, being optimistic hoping that will pick up lol.
Been riding off road most my life since I was about 12, thanks to my uncle lol. Started on yz 85, then a 125, and worked up to a 250. When I got a lil older I bought my first banshee, havenít looked back since ! Always worked hard for what I wanted, got my first real job at 14. Busted my ass to build my first race car, before even getting my restricted license lmao. Was a 95 240sx KA-T build. Had two more 240ís, then moved over to Hondaís. Built an eg hatch k24/k20 Frankenstein, had fun with it, then got myself an original usdm type r integra. Started getting older and got myself some regular cars.
Now I drive a 15 Infiniti Q50, 12 Prius, and 16 kenworth rig for work. Just bought my first sport bike a lil 750, still breaking her in but itís an amazing ride ! Not too big on mods since sheís covered by factory warranty. Maybe just a full yoshi exhaust, and some aesthetics like led lights, maybe change out the clutch/brake levers. Only mod so far was the fender eliminator, very happy about that lol. Picked the gsxr up from Riva Miami, great team down there ! From Miami lakes area. If anyone in sofla doesnít mind riding with a noob, feel free to link up if you wanna cruise.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #2
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello from a noob

Greets & Welcome -

PLEASE be sure to always wear ALL of your gear - I had a get-off a couple weeks ago, and except for a broken collarbone, my gear SAVED MY ASS (well, actually, my head, foot, and knee. I would have been in MUCH worse shape without it.
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
Jetpack710
Fedelle Alla Famiglia

Jetpack710 is on a distinguished road

@anarion55 thank you very much my friend. Damn man sorry to hear, hope you are recovering best as possible. Take it easy man I know that injury is a painful one my neighbor went through that last year. I appreciate the advice ! I always wear my helmet, gloves, & boots. Just got a good jacket last night. Still on the hunt for some good pants though, just been riding with jeans for now.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
anarion55
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpack710 View Post
@anarion55 thank you very much my friend. Damn man sorry to hear, hope you are recovering best as possible. Take it easy man I know that injury is a painful one my neighbor went through that last year. I appreciate the advice ! I always wear my helmet, gloves, & boots. Just got a good jacket last night. Still on the hunt for some good pants though, just been riding with jeans for now.
Thanks for the good wishes... shit happens, I guess. Look into one of the (many) "armored" jeans on the market, and upgrade to the d30 armor, if possible. My leather-lined Cortech Mod jeans, though now ruined, saved my already-bad knee from what appears (from the condition of the jeans) to have been a brutal impact. Not even a mild bruise resulted, thanks to that D30 stuff. It really REALLY works. Sadly, the Mod jeans are discontinued -everything is Kevlar lined now, which should work fine, but in my experience, the Kevlar has a distinct chemical odor.

The broken clavicle doesn't/didn't hurt nearly as much as the primary impact point (shoulder) - in addition to taking most of the impact, the shoulder was also immobilized (in a sling/strap arrangement) for 10 days while I awaited surgery on the collarbone. The muscles in that area decided that they like the life of leisure. and are now stiff and painful when I extend that joint in any direction. Needless to say, that limits the use of my otherwise good arm considerably. Still, each day I'm regaining some of the lost mobility, if not strength. Once I have full range of motion, it should be simple enough to build up the power that was once there.

Please ride safe. Even my 48 years of riding experience didn't keep me from making a basic noob-type mistake that resulted in my accident. Stoopit Me.

T
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote