SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > The Recovery Project > Stolen Property Room

Forum Sponsor

Like Tree20Likes

Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #21
Devils Never Cry

3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: another 2008 CBR1000rr Stolen form Miami Beach

Scorpio | Motorcycle Alarms

Can't afford to protect it, can't afford to own it.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #22
Scooter Racer

vedubin01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3scapist View Post
Scorpio | Motorcycle Alarms

Can't afford to protect it, can't afford to own it.
I had the i900-r for my last bike and have one in route for my stolen bike. Guess that will wait for the next one...
vedubin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #23
Scooter Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
You guys (Clone and the other two who had bikes stolen in Miami Beach) should go to the media and ask what MBPD is going to do to recover all the bikes and what they are going to do to prevent this from happening again and again. Take a local TV channel cam team to the HQ on Washington and ask for the chief to come out and answer those questions. Without any public pressure they won't do shit.

working on that now.... best news today was that the 5th and Alton Shoppes are going to give me the footage from 360 degrees of the building during that time. That building is about 4 years old with 100's of cameras. I meet with them tomorrow to see if I can get a clear video of them coming and going. I will then follow the camera trail to the next camera. Ill find 1 image with these cock suckers faces and I hope they will be found. Trying to get everything ready to head to the local news.

As for the police, I will do my best. I work out with a lot of them and they are looking for me as well. Lets see if I can get the chief in front of a camera.

Fingers crossed.
don likes this.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #24
Devils Never Cry

3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute

Imo insurance companies should put the hammer down on manufacturers and have them at the very least install gps tracking and emergency road service systems on new motorcycles like the onstar service for cars, tt would be up to the owner to decide whether or not they want the service. This crap has gotten way out of hand but I honestly can't help but blame owners for being negligent.

tell me this shiz aint cool!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #25
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3scapist View Post
Imo insurance companies should put the hammer down on manufacturers and have them at the very least install gps tracking ..
Forcing manufacturers to implement GPS is BS, sorry.

In that case every service manual to be found online reveals the location and wiring to every thief out there. It will be extremely easy for them to disable the system quickly.

And what do you think who is going to pay for this? Right, you. Next time you buy a new bike the sticker will have an additional $200+ on it. Plus a service plan for GPS tracking which is an additional $100 - $200 every year. Btw: I have OnStar; if you don't pay that plan there is no tracking.

If you really want to solve a (any) problem you have to go all the way back in the chain of events leading to the reason of the problem.

Theft is not the problem; it is the result from many other issues! Let's see how this chain of events looks like for bike theft.

Bike not recovered < law enforcement failed < stolen bike < law enforcement failed in preventing theft < bike not correctly secured < thief decides to make money with theft < thief didn't learn how to earn sufficient money legally OR thief was never taught respectable behavior in the school system OR thief was not raised with proper manners by the guardian(s).

We already pay:

- schools for teaching everybody at early age
- law enforcement to prevent crime
- law enforcement to recover stolen property
- insurance companies for compensation

with our tax money and premiums.

Do you seriously want to add one more thing we have to pay for like higher retail prices for something that will not resolve the initial problem or the consequences?!

How about starting where the problem begins? How about a serious overhaul of our lame educational system in order to teach acceptable behavior? How about teaching parents how to be role models for their kids? How about forcing law enforcement to focus on real crime instead of chasing victimless crimes for revenue in both departments and the corrupted private jail system?
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #26
Return of the Yoga

Qomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the roughQomomoko is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

In that case every service manual to be found online reveals the location and wiring to every thief out there. It will be extremely easy for them to disable the system quickly.

And what do you think who is going to pay for this? Right, you. Next time you buy a new bike the sticker will have an additional $200+ on it. Plus a service plan for GPS tracking which is an additional $100 - $200 every year. Btw: I have OnStar; if you don't pay that plan there is no tracking.

If you really want to solve a (any) problem you have to go all the way back in the chain of events leading to the reason of the problem.

Theft is not the problem; it is the result from many other issues! Let's see how this chain of events looks like for bike theft.

Bike not recovered < law enforcement failed < stolen bike < law enforcement failed in preventing theft < bike not correctly secured < thief decides to make money with theft < thief didn't learn how to earn sufficient money legally OR thief was never taught respectable behavior in the school system OR thief was not raised with proper manners by the guardian(s).

We already pay:

Do you seriously want to add one more thing we have to pay for like higher retail prices for something that will not resolve the initial problem or the consequences?!

How about starting where the problem begins? How about a serious overhaul of our lame educational system in order to teach acceptable behavior? How about teaching parents how to be role models for their kids? How about forcing law enforcement to focus on real crime instead of chasing victimless crimes for revenue in both departments and the corrupted private jail system?
that is the honest whole hearted thinking that we need of all !! very well said

Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #27
Scooter Racer

ride that stolen bike into a container around the street, and your GPS is now worthless. The only thing On-star will tell you is they can not locate your bike as they charge you a premium for the upcoming month.

Most likely the two fucks that stole my bike are on this board. I have a meeting with head of security tomorrow to try to recover clear video. Ill blast that shit everywhere possible. I hope I am able and they are caught. So that this shit will not happen to others.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 AM   #28
3000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter

dave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We already pay:

I think there's a better chance of the gps. All that other shit you speak of would make too much sense.
dave07r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #29
3000 Post Club
SoFla Supporter

dave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond reputedave07r1 has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, the gps registers every stop the bike makes. So if the bike comes to a stop in front of a container than that's gonna be the last registry in the gps.
dave07r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #30
Scooter Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave07r1 View Post
Btw, the gps registers every stop the bike makes. So if the bike comes to a stop in front of a container than that's gonna be the last registry in the gps.

Which one do you recommend, and do they come with an extra battery source?