SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > The Recovery Project > Stolen Property Room

Forum Sponsor

Like Tree8Likes

Old 07-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen MV Augusta F4 Black w/red frame

Or if he sent an email through craigslist from his house, his IP was logged at Craigslist and they will provide it with a judges order. The IP will identify his internet service provider. With another's judges order the ISP has to hand out the customers name and address.

Police could easily follow that person around undercover and see where he hangs out (maybe find the chop shop) and search everything with a warrant.

But I bet that neither law enforcement nor your friend is willing to put that much effort into this case. That F4 was insured, right? Easy way out, as always. And next year all insurance premiums in Doral or even Miami-Dade county will go up a bit because one thing is for sure. The insurance companies are obviously not going to pay for this shit.

On-top of that I wouldn't be surprised if half of all insurance claims in South-East Florida are fraudulent.

Which would bring up another question: if law enforcement is not investigating these cases to the fullest extent (in my case the detective showed up 2 weeks later and did NOTHING, not even replying to my emails); why am I paying taxes to have them paid there paycheck again? Right, so they can hand out tickets for missing turn signals, or to cover up their own shortcomings like the memorial day shooting (still closed investigation after over 3 years) and look away when another biker bites the dust and file no charges against the cager who caused it.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
Pocketbike Racer

speedfour is on a distinguished road

not sure on the insurance. I'll relay the idea of the caled ID and IP address.
speedfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #13
Cerebral Trackday Wizard

ducrider12 is on a distinguished road

The cell phone was stolen also!
ducrider12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
Pocketbike Racer

MasterVal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Or if he sent an email through craigslist from his house, his IP was logged at Craigslist and they will provide it with a judges order. The IP will identify his internet service provider. With another's judges order the ISP has to hand out the customers name and address.

Police could easily follow that person around undercover and see where he hangs out (maybe find the chop shop) and search everything with a warrant.

But I bet that neither law enforcement nor your friend is willing to put that much effort into this case. That F4 was insured, right? Easy way out, as always. And next year all insurance premiums in Doral or even Miami-Dade county will go up a bit because one thing is for sure. The insurance companies are obviously not going to pay for this shit.

On-top of that I wouldn't be surprised if half of all insurance claims in South-East Florida are fraudulent.

Which would bring up another question: if law enforcement is not investigating these cases to the fullest extent (in my case the detective showed up 2 weeks later and did NOTHING, not even replying to my emails); why am I paying taxes to have them paid there paycheck again? Right, so they can hand out tickets for missing turn signals, or to cover up their own shortcomings like the memorial day shooting (still closed investigation after over 3 years) and look away when another biker bites the dust and file no charges against the cager who caused it.

Dan, I'm absolutely with you! I think "easy way out", while cheaper money-wise for one particular instance, quite more expensive in a long run. Not investigating theft properly because it would cost more than to just pay out, actually creates incentives for more "victim-less" crime. Instead, I think, each theft must be investigate until the thief is located and that thief should be financially responsible for covering all related costs. Theft/Insurance/investigation should be addressed from "what's right" instead of "what's cheaper" perspective. But....
don and S1KRR like this.
MasterVal is offline   Reply With Quote