SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > The Recovery Project > Stolen Property Room

Forum Sponsor

Like Tree2Likes

Old 10-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
2000 Post Club

picaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Blue Kawasaki 2007 ZX 14 in Aventura, FL

hi guys, longtime no see.

just one more to add to the list of stolen motorcycles from condos... my 2007 zx 14 blue... was with the original seat and original windshield at that moment (picture here shows another set of windshield and seat i have). no much things to differentiate it but if you get close to it, you will see that the exhaust hole is not the same size in both sides of the bike (i replaced one of the cans for another OEM can from a different year). Avon storm 2 tire in the back like new and the front was almost gone, different brand.

anyway, just throwing it here, just in case. vin and reward, pm me.

picaflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
LOZ
Clutch it up bitches!

LOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blue Kawasaki 2007 ZX 14 in Aventura, FL

That sucks pica. sorry for your loss. :(
Old 10-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Tricycle racer

wuaname is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear.

Just to learn from this... Did you have a disk lock or was it locked in any other form?

My "then-new" R1 was stolen from the front of my house one evening I left it out, with no locks, guess they just rammed a screw driver into the ignition and rode off
wuaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
2000 Post Club

picaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond reputepicaflor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuaname View Post
Sorry to hear.

Just to learn from this... Did you have a disk lock or was it locked in any other form?

My "then-new" R1 was stolen from the front of my house one evening I left it out, with no locks, guess they just rammed a screw driver into the ignition and rode off
it had a disk lock installed in the front and the steering was locked as always. there was security guards patrolling the condo, that actually registered my motorcycle in their log at 1am, but any lock you can just count in the minutes it takes to be broken... the guards make rounds every two hours... you do the math....

a lot of possibilities as always. waiting for the video of the entrance/exit. bottom line, is not safe to keep a bike in the condo parking lot, even when you have security to access it and the bike is out of sight. my theory is somebody saw the bike in the lot (gardeners, neighboor, service, moving company, etc. etc.) and decided to go for it in the night. not hard at all. :(

*** update, got the video.... they rode the bike... and they didnt stole just one, they had stolen two kawasaki in the condo that day. both ride out together trailed by a car... police is investigating... if someone sees a zx 14 blue 2007 in the bike night... let me know... pm me. its easy to recognize mine, i can give you what to look for.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
don
Compensate Camp

don has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond reputedon has a reputation beyond repute

Inside job, had the same crap happening in NBV. Police wont do shit. If you want to keep riding find a house with garage, move, buy a propper gun, learn your rights, do tactical training and act accordingly if they break into your house.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #7
LOZ
Clutch it up bitches!

LOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond reputeLOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaflor View Post
...my theory is somebody saw the bike in the lot (gardeners, neighboor, service, moving company, etc. etc.) and decided to go for it in the night. not hard at all. :(

*** update, got the video.... they rode the bike... and they didnt stole just one, they had stolen two kawasaki in the condo that day. both ride out together trailed by a car... police is investigating... if someone sees a zx 14 blue 2007 in the bike night... let me know... pm me. its easy to recognize mine, i can give you what to look for.
Damn, sounds like you are getting really close to busting these assholes. Most of the time entrance/exit gates point their cameras to get a clean shot of the plates, so it should not be hard to trail these assholes. Im really looking forward to your next update!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #8
don
Compensate Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ View Post
Damn, sounds like you are getting really close to busting these assholes. Most of the time entrance/exit gates point their cameras to get a clean shot of the plates, so it should not be hard to trail these assholes. Im really looking forward to your next update!
Not in South Florida. Most worker installing these cameras are just one stone throw away from Wal-Mart employees. I also have recordings from the theft of my bike. You can't read any plates, you can't even tell the skin color. 360p at 15 fps installed 15 yards away, absolutely worthless. And even if he can make out a plate.. always stolen.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
2000 Post Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Not in South Florida. Most worker installing these cameras are just one stone throw away from Wal-Mart employees. I also have recordings from the theft of my bike. You can't read any plates, you can't even tell the skin color. 360p at 15 fps installed 15 yards away, absolutely worthless. And even if he can make out a plate.. always stolen.
agree with this. video is not good enough for plate number...working now in getting the log of the security visitors and barcodes, cameras for the entrance have lights and better stuff.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
Devils Never Cry

3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute3scapist has a reputation beyond repute

How did they ride it off with a disk lock alarm?

oh nvm, you put the disk lock on the front wheel...nice