SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community

Go Back   SoFlaSportbikes.com - South Florida's Sportbike Community > Site Related Forums > Welcome New Members

Forum Sponsor

Like Tree6Likes

Old 08-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
Newb

Shotta06 is on a distinguished road
What happened?

What happened to this site ? It was once so vibrant
Shotta06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What happened?

Seems like now it's just a big classified ad. 5-6 years ago, there were rides, off--topic conversations, and activities...
2006 KX250 (2-stroke MX) - SOLD

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

anarion55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Cars' bait

Lnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really niceLnewqban is just really nice

Less people riding sport bike maybe?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Do I look like a cat to you boy?
SoFla Supporter + +

buzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond reputebuzzcutt2 has a reputation beyond repute

I rode...about 3 years ago.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

anarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond reputeanarion55 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnewqban View Post
Less people riding sport bike maybe?
I don't think that's it... I still see plenty of our brothers (and sisters!) on the road... I guess Facebunk has taken the place of forums like these...

All Green, Baby
!

Political correctness is the mistaken belief that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:55 AM   #6
1 Up, 5 Down
SoFla Supporter

dave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond reputedave ls1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
I don't think that's it... I still see plenty of our brothers (and sisters!) on the road... I guess Facebunk has taken the place of forums like these...
Yeah, probably right about that.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
Amateur Racer

merlock is on a distinguished road

I sold my GSXR a couple of months ago. I lost my job a year and a half ago and I needed the money. Broke my heart to sell her. I really loved that bike. That's why I'm not around much anymore.

There may be another bike in the next year or so. We'll see how things shake out.

After doing track days I'm thinking of getting just a track bike. Funny thing happened. As soon as I started doing track days I lost all desire to ride on the street. When I think of doing street rides or group rides it leaves me cold, but I would love to get back on the track again.
merlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Superbike Racer

will9465 has a spectacular aura aboutwill9465 has a spectacular aura about

The track scene is getting bigger down here especially with the FMRRA. Racing is a big jump from just trackdays but I feel like it is one big family. With some dysfunctional siblings of course.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #9
Professional shopping cart racer
SoFla Supporter

KrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond reputeKrispK4 has a reputation beyond repute

I went away for six years and this place went to shit. Where the hell is everyone?? Was hoping to find this place the way it was before, I'm sad..
Grant me, O Lord, a steady hand and watchful eye. That no one shall be hurt as I pass by. You gave life, I pray no act of mine may take away or mar that gift of thine. Shelter those, dear Lord, who bear my company, from the evils of fire and all calamity. Teach me, to use my car for others need; Nor miss through love of undue speed The beauty of the world; that thus I may with joy and courtesy go on my way. St. Christopher, holy patron of travelers, protect me and lead me safely to my destiny. Amen.
KrispK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #10
Sportbike Scum
SoFla Supporter

Of the old riding groups in here, many no longer ride, some moved away, and others only do track days. A few have passed away. Not many of us are left from then.

All Green, Baby
!